Ohlins rear shock replacement - Remote Preload Adjuster doesn't fit the original bracket?

Anyone run into this before? A bit surprised from a company such as this one but just about done the Ohlins swap and according to the manual it should fit right onto the bracket, but the hole spacing isn't correct. (photo is with the other bolt threaded into the other hole)

I will likely just drill the bracket hole larger but figured I would post. Ohlins YA223.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.90eb4d4ef603ccd4e278f375c0d22b43.jpg

ohlins2.jpg

ohlins.jpg

Edited by canadatracer900

This seems all wrong. Where is the silver steel bracket that bolts to the two hangar bracket bolts on the inside of the hangar?

PXL_20240311_155346988.thumb.jpg.52ed4732b754e1236449917ed0c6fe03.jpg

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Warchild said:

This seems all wrong. Where is the silver steel bracket that bolts to the two hangar bracket bolts on the inside of the hangar?

PXL_20240311_155346988.thumb.jpg.52ed4732b754e1236449917ed0c6fe03.jpg

Not sure what you mean. The black bracket seen in my picture behind the Öhlins adjuster is the one that mounts on the passenger peg bolts, it’s black on my bike I guess. 

I don’t have the fancier ohlins with the remote compression res, just the preload adjuster. I posted the picture from the instructions showing it mounts right to the black bracket but the holes don’t line up. 

In this picture that is the same bracket showing the preload adjuster mounted to it. 

IMG_6613.jpeg

The black bracket is the OEM. Your kit should come with a new bracket that replaces the OEM. It looks just like the OEM but is silver and a little bit longer. Posted a picture where you can see the silver part. No need to adapt unless your kit didn't come with one.

s-l1600.jpg

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lavoit said:

The black bracket is the OEM. Your kit should come with a new bracket that replaces the OEM. It looks just like the OEM but is silver and a little bit longer. Posted a picture where you can see the silver part. No need to adapt unless your kit didn't come with one.

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I see the bracket you mean, but I believe that is just for the Ohlins that comes with the remote compression reservoir as well (YA537). (the top canister on the setup). Mine does not, it is less expensive model (YA223). It comes with the exact same as the stock tracer gt, just the remote preload with the black turn handle.

Therefore as shown in the instructions it is meant to mount directly to the stock bracket as the stock preload adjuster did.

2 hours ago, canadatracer900 said:

Therefore as shown in the instructions it is meant to mount directly to the stock bracket as the stock preload adjuster did.

I agree this is perplexing. Does the kit not have it's own version of the hangar bracket? The holes as photographed  are clearly not aligning. This seems very unlike Ohlins.