Shad SH33 on Yamaha Rear Rack

• Premium Member
Looks great, and for $84, crazy! What was needed to allow the Shad case to mount to the Yamaha rack?
Thanks @daviking! I bought it here, where they've bumped them up to $86.99 now. It comes with a universal mounting plate that bolted right onto the Yamaha rack once I picked up 4 M6x45 stainless bolts from the local ACE Hardware store.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

@clint, I just wanted to confirm it came with the Universal plate because it isn't listed in the Ebay ad. You bolted straight up to the Yamaha rack with no problems? I would like to order these for a ride in a couple of weeks.

• Premium Member
@clint, I just wanted to confirm it came with the Universal plate because it isn't listed in the Ebay ad. You bolted straight up to the Yamaha rack with no problems? I would like to order these for a ride in a couple of weeks.
Correct, it wasn't listed in the ad, but I was hopeful since Shad ALWAYS includes it with the top case. Sure enough....it was there.  
Let me know if you'd like some pictures of how I bolted it to the OEM rear rack.

Also, be aware that I received an SH33 with "clear" lenses instead of "red" in the picture.

sh33-2.jpg$_1.JPG

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Correct, it wasn't listed in the ad, but I was hopeful since Shad ALWAYS includes it with the top case. Sure enough....it was there.  
Let me know if you'd like some pictures of how I bolted it to the OEM rear rack.

Also, be aware that I received an SH33 with "clear" lenses instead of "red" in the picture.

sh33-2.jpg$_1.JPG

The ebay seller just replied and stated it does NOT come with the mounting plate. I will just order it somewhere else. I would love to see the pics of how you mounted it. my email is brianmichaelmiddleton@gmail.com

• Premium Member

sh33-2.jpg$_1.JPG

The ebay seller just replied and stated it does NOT come with the mounting plate. I will just order it somewhere else. I would love to see the pics of how you mounted it. my email is brianmichaelmiddleton@gmail.com
I think he got confused between mounting plate and mounting rack. In fact, they always say "does NOT come with mounting rack" in their ads. It does come with the universal mounting plate and it's found INSIDE the top box, so if he looked in the shipping box...he wouldn't see it. Oh well....
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
I'm kinda torn over whether to get a top box.
Was considering the SH29 instead of the slightly larger SH33 just because of its slightly narrower width/depth dimensions, Thoughts?

Clint, do you have any photos from the front/back of bike with the SH33 mounted?

Adding a top box for me would eliminate the need for a second duffel on the back seat when travelling, not to mention easier access to my gear.    

@clint  
That sounds like a great deal on the SHAD case.  Looks good too!
How do you like your Seat Concepts seat? I still cant decide what the best seat option is...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 3 weeks later...

Archived