New FJ owner from SoCal

gce

Ok, lets see if I get this right. First off you guys/gals have a nice forum.
So I walked into my Yamaha dealer to get some brake pads for my Road Star. Picked up the parts and looked around the showroom floor. I ran into a FJ-09 and had no idea what it was. I have a KLR650 but for the last 2 years I've been looking for something to replace it with. I've looked at the Tigers and even a Ducati but either they were to pricy or they just didn't float my boat. Got to talking to the sales guy and this FJ started to just make sense. So I went back the next day to talk price and trade in for the KLR. It sounded like I could get a good deal so the next day I road the KLR in and road the FJ-09 home.
I live in Anaheim (SoCal) and I couldn't be more happy with this bike so far. I know its supposed to be a dual sport bike but this ones going to say on the road. So hopefully I can learn some stuff on this forum and pass on what I learn about this bike to others.
George

• Premium Member
Congrats, George! I also traded a KLR650 on mine. Love the triple, so smooth and powerful.

I know a few folks here happily dual-sport it but I'm not one... like you, mine will stay on pavement!
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Welcome to the forum George and congratulations on your new bike.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
Welcome George. You will find the F-Jay a world of difference from a cruiser. I know you will enjoy. I hail from the Valley.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

So, What does FJ-09 stand for besides *BSEG*. I've had the FJ in "STD" and yesterday put it in "A" for the first time HOLY CRAP this thing gets up and goes. Can't wait to get her broke in and get her in the twisties.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

• Premium Member
Just wait until you turn off TCS the first time and try A-Mode!! Holy wheelies, Batman!! :D
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Just wait until you turn off TCS the first time and try A-Mode!! Holy wheelies, Batman!! :D
That's what I hear but for now I need to go back into break-in mode. It's hard to break-in this beast because it just wants to growl. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Hi George, Congrats on the new purchase.

Quick question for you, I live in So-Cal and been looking at a FJ-09 as well. Mind me asking what the OTD price (excluding tax and license) is you paid? Also, which dealer did you go to and any particular sales person you would recommend?

Thanks.

• 11 months later...
I have had my fj for a few months now, just wanted to let so cal riders know I just recieved my fj-09 back from Cee Baily they make all brands of windshields.They used my bike to make there new fj-09 windscreen.and also headlight guards.I am really impressed with what they came up with.Check them out I am sure they will have them on there websight if not yet soon.also these things are HAND MADE not mass produced.
                                   Malhusky

Archived