Weekend in Northern Nevada

keithu

• Premium Member
Peporter, Alejandro - thanks for the info. A friend, who has a madstad on his Tiger, is lending me a Puig visor to try out. If that doesn't solve this, Madstad here I come! Cheers
What screen are you going to apply it to?
Will try it on the Parabellum flyscreen first , then the 26" Parabellum touring screen.  At stock position, the flyscreen hits me low-to mid visor, so if this deflector can either break up the pressure or push some/all of if over the top AND cut the roar a bit, I will call it good and move on.   The flyscreen really does a nice job of getting wind blast off most of the chest (hits around the deltoids of each shoulder).  Just loud.  It helps being 5'8"The big screen blocks too much air for a trip to Colorado and back while it is still hot and seemed to push the bike around in gusty weather.  So it is a second option only.  I did cut another screen down to just 2.5 inches above the rubber bumpers.  This is fairly quiet, but too much wind on the chest. Hoping the Puig is a miracle worker.
Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Got the Puig Visor today and I'd called it a 90% success. Airflow is excellent when mounted to the flyscreen, the roar and windblast are gone, but the weird staticky noise is still there. I had heard it before, but it was drowned out by either the roar or the windblast depending upon screen height or angle.
I plan to wash the bike this weekend and will get a photo up then.

Quite relieved.

Cheers!
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Archived