lake monroe, Indiana

Guest captrob73

Guest captrob73
I rode to lake Monroe today, it's just south of Bloomington, IN.  The ride was 139.6 miles round trip, the weather was beautiful with temps in the 80's. Lunch at the Windjammer in the Fourwinds resort & marina was Tasty and the service was excellent.
20150811_133338_zpshuar2nbb.jpg

20150811_133326_zpszfiskfry.jpg
20150811_133309_zpsnrgpf9tu.jpg

I love that area down there, will probably heading down that way over the Labor Day weekend. I just don't know if it'll be on a FZ1, Speed Triple or possibly a new FJ! Definitely the best roads of the state down there though!

Yea, that's definitely the best area of the state. Only other options are all the down towards Kentucky. Haven't yet explored to southwestern part of the state, the weekend I tried to go that way I headed down 65 first and then tried to go west...every road that direction was flooded. Went almost 100 miles and ended up 20 from my house and decided that I had wasted enough time and went home to take care of some things

Guest captrob73
It's beautiful area, I docked my boat the Fourwinds marina for many years. Now that I've hung up my Captains hat,  I ride there on the motorcycle to see my old boating friends.

my%20boat_zpsedxxpwls.jpg
boat%20friends_zpssbsfqvm2.jpg
boat%20friends%202_zpsjheqi2un.jpg

Archived