New FJ-09 Owner near Guelph, Ontario (Canada)

rockwoodroo

Hello everyone,

Just picked up my grey FJ earlier today. Thanks for everyone in this forum for all the helpful information posted as this was invaluable to make my decision.

I am converting from a 2008 Honda Shadow Aero Cruiser so I am up for some changes in the next few days.

On my ride back from the dealer I was already struggling with the wind. Set the windscreen up, then down and then back up to see if there was any position that would diminish the wind hitting my helmet…did not find it!. I did find that when I bent my body forward and put my face behind the windscreen it was a very different ambient (wind free). I guess this is a side effect of being behind a tall windscreen on my cruiser.

Hopefully there is or will be a solution for some of us who would like to be wind free as much as possible. I will start my investigation in the gear forum section but any feedback would be appreciated.

eqf2tCt.jpg

Hello everyone, 

Just picked up my grey FJ earlier today. Thanks for everyone in this forum for all the helpful information posted as this was invaluable to make my decision.

I am converting from a 2008 Honda Shadow Aero Cruiser so I am up for some changes in the next few days.

On my ride back from the dealer I was already struggling with the wind. Set the windscreen up, then down and then back up to see if there was any position that would diminish the wind hitting my helmet…did not find it!. I did find that when I bent my body forward and put my face behind the windscreen it was a very different ambient (wind free). I guess this is a side effect of being behind a tall windscreen on my cruiser.

Hopefully there is or will be a solution for some of us who would like to be wind free as much as possible. I will start my investigation in the gear forum section but any feedback would be appreciated.

eqf2tCt.jpg

Wow...that's a real barn door of a screen! Someone here probably has a good recommendation. Being a sport/naked bike rider I've never used anything like that. From my end of the spectrum the standard screen is great! Pleasantly surprised to see so many Cruiser riders converting to more of a UJM. The FJ-09 is a brilliant bike for the money.

STUFF EVERYTHING - I'VE ALWAYS GOT MY BIKE!

Hopefully there is or will be a solution for some of us who would like to be wind free as much as possible.

That's one of the biggest things I like about riding, the wind in your hair, so to speak. If you want wind free, buy a car! :|

It's not so much the wind, but the noise it generates in the helmet. I read through the forums and lot of people complain about this. I will continue to monitor and see if there is consensus on a reasonable size solution that reduces the wind noise effect

It's not so much the wind, but the noise it generates in the helmet. I read through the forums and lot of people complain about this. I will continue to monitor and see if there is consensus on a reasonable size solution that reduces the wind noise effect
You're describing my exact experience.  There is no buffeting but the wind noise is so severe I can't hear a thing with the stock screen - and my immediate comparison was on my cruiser with no windscreen at all.   
I scoured the forums and the internet at large to find a suitable windscreen and settled on a Puig touring shield.  I couldn't find one in Canada so I had to order from bs-motoparts in Germany.  It's out on delivery today so time between order and receipt was about 7 business days.  I'll report back on my results when I get to test it this evening.
//QED

Archived