CalSci Motorcycles

mmandell

• Premium Member
I don't like windshields much. Every one I have had has resulted in lots of noise and buffeting.  
I ordered a Madstad last Friday. The more I looked at it and thought about it, the uglier the thing looked, and I finally cancelled the order today.

If you thought it was ugly, why did you consider it in the first place? On the bike it is beautiful, offers unparalleled adjustability and resolves your concerns about noise and buffeting. Just curious. 

• Premium Member
Got the shorty CalSci windshield, and I love it. Rode it 80 miles home from CalSci and found I have clean laminar airflow hitting my chest, greatly reduced noise in my helmet and no buffeting.

I am absolutely delighted with it. It looks good too.

Got the shorty CalSci windshield, and I love it. Rode it 80 miles home from CalSci and found I have clean laminar airflow hitting my chest, greatly reduced noise in my helmet and no buffeting.  
I am absolutely delighted with it. It looks good too.
Being a naked bike rider for all these years I don't mind good old clean wind, it's the buffeting and noise that I disliked with the OEM windscreen. Thanks, I'll look forward to testing mine!

• Premium Member
Yep, I agree. My dualsports with only a small number plate that holds the headlight don't give me any buffeting at all, and not much noise. I had a V-Strom 650, the OEM shield was terrible. Replaced it with an expensive Givi Airflow screen, that was just as bad. The stock one on this bike was terrible, I started getting noise and buffeting at 15MPH. This CalSci shorty gives me clean air... and I had it up to about 90MPH yesterday, same thing, clean air, just more of it.

I installed a 26" Parrabellum Windshild and I am pleased with the result. I have a front end noise that may or may not have been there with the OEM screen. This noise disappears above 60 mph but, is very annoying below that speed. Not sure if it is the windshield , fairing, front end or what. Anyone else experience this?

>> On the bike it is beautiful, offers unparalleled adjustability and resolves your concerns about noise and buffeting. <<

+1 to this, I quite like the looks of my Madstad. And it damn sure is very effective....

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Archived