T-Rex engine case guards (sliders) installation

basstodave

Has anyone used the T-Rex stator and engine case cover guards?
Did you use the supplied bolts? Were they the proper length specified in the instructions? M6x60? The bolts shipped with my kit are 68mm long. Be very careful. I hope I haven't damaged anything before I realized this error.

I am beginning to despise aftermarket motorcycle accessory manufacturers.

• Premium Member
Has anyone used the T-Rex stator and engine case cover guards? Did you use the supplied bolts? Were they the proper length specified in the instructions? M6x60?

I installed the T-Rex slider combo. I used the supplied bolts and had no problems. They are longer than the Yamaha bolts but I don't recall the lengths. They come in a variety of lengths so you need to make sure that you use the correct length at each location. 

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Premium Member
My bike came with them installed... they told me they used my bike to make sure they fit(?).

When I took delivery, they gave me the original bolts, so I'm assuming whoever installed them used the bolts that come with the sliders.

If you zoom in enough on this link, you can see them on my bike: https://goo.gl/photos/YYQRX3z2CSgthrg39

Archived