Hello from Hong Kong

cmyipp2

Hello to all from Hong Kong. I just got 150 km om my FJ 09, we call it MT09 Tracer here. I gain lots of insight from this wonderful forum, esp those related to modification. Thanks to the site creator and managers and active members. Hong Kong is a small city with 1000 square km. Those givi boxes are too much for me when I take the bike out to hit the twists in the hills. So normally the back tail box is released. THe bike is not break in yet, so machine is tight. After riding on wet road for a few mins, there is much work cleaning job as the hosts, frames, bars are all exposed to dirts. the rear wheel is like an open wheel!

Welcome, I'm jealous every time I see someone with the Race blue, although still love my FJ-09.  The color of that luggage looks to match very well, looks good.  

Have you considered a fender extender?  There were some early posts about some users with them that may help the back tire throwing dirt around.  Here is just one example of one, but I've seen a few out there (plus front extenders as well).

Thx for the info about defender extender. Will try to explore once finished with the handlebar risers. Still trying to get a pair of them without replacing the stock cables. The riding position is more agreesive than expected and my back is paying the price.

Looks good. I like the Givi Trekker luggage you have fitted. Do you have any pictures from different angles to get an idea of width ? 
Thanks for the additional pictures. Although they are "adventure" style boxes I think they look good on a Tracer. 
The 33l boxes on the sides are narrower than the bars which I like, and they are a nice regular shape for easy packing. Good choice. 

Looks good. I like the Givi Trekker luggage you have fitted. Do you have any pictures from different angles to get an idea of width ? 
Thanks for the additional pictures. Although they are "adventure" style boxes I think they look good on a Tracer. 
The 33l boxes on the sides are narrower than the bars which I like, and they are a nice regular shape for easy packing. Good choice. 
I agree.  First time I've seen adventure bags on the FJ I liked.  I think it's only because the color matches so well.  I'm not sure the stock unpainted FJR bags or the regular FJ bags would even look as good on the race blue.  I don't think the adventure bags would look nearly as good on my grey bike though.  That, and I'm jealous that race blue wasn't offered here in the states too.

Archived