Stock rear shock with stiffer spring?

frosky

I ride an FZ.. have thought of swapping in an fj rear shock for the upgraded damping.

The suspension gurus say a stiffer spring on the fz stock shock will actually make the pogo effect worse. I go about 220 without gear and would likely benefit from stiffer spring.

Anyone go to a stiffer spring on the stock fj shock?

IMO, the stock shock doesn't need a spring. I weigh 240lbs with gear and with panniers I only needed one click higher on the preload from default to get 33% race sag.

Its a bit harsh on high speed compression though just like the front.

IMO, the stock shock doesn't need a spring. I weigh 240lbs with gear and with panniers I only needed one click higher on the preload from default to get 33% race sag. 
Noticed your thread on the parts section and on the fz09 forum.. take it you went through with the swap?

Noticed your thread on the parts section and on the fz09 forum.. take it you went through with the swap?
Nm... just double checked the thread I referenced. Different person altogether. Anyway.. stock spring is good for you on the fj that weighs 50lb more than fz?

Are you referring to the FZ-09 shock or the FJ-09 shock that has the correct spring for a 240# rider? 
Terry

Archived