The KLIM Apex Jacket. A review by FJ-09.org

Cruizin

10/29/2015

Klim Apex sport touring jacket

As an Idahoan who loves to ride Dirt bikes, Street bikes and Snowmobiles, I have always known about Klim. Whether you are on the trail, street or boarding down a mountain, odds are you will see KLIM apparel and especially if the weather could get harsh.

KLIM (Pronounced as climb) was founded, as a brand, in 1999 by Justin Summers, who owned the parent company, Teton Outfitters. They made extreme garments for Utah Ski Patrol and Emergency search and rescue units. YOu can appreciate their beginnings in this arena.
the KLIM brand was launched to expand their offerings to motorcycle and snomobile riders who wanted the best in crash and weather protection.

On December 6th, 2012 KLIM was purchased by Polaris Industries. We all know who they are and together they aim to do dominate.

The KLIM APEX jacket arrived at my home today in the mail. This is the top of the line sport touring jacket made. Period. Yes, it retails at $799.00. IT is geared for riders who want to be wearing the best and most comfortable protection not only in an accident, but also when the weather turns bad.

4100140.jpg

First thing you notice when you take the jacket out of the box is how tough the jacket is. Any fear of road rash is wiped away as soon as you feel the material and the thick Italian Leather on the Shoulders and Elbows.

The Jacket also comes with three layers of Gortex, guaranteed to keep you dry.

And ventialation is also well covered. Anyone can buy a mesh jacket for summer riding, but mesh tends to melt into your skin when sliding. This jacket comes with some very well designed zipper vents. See below

2 HUGE OUTSIDE OBLIQUE VENTILATION PORTS - OPERABLE BY RIDER WHILE RIDING

2 LOWER ARM INTAKE VENTS

4100147.jpg

4100146.jpg

Pockets? Comes with 5 internal, 3 zippered, 5 mesh stash pockets and very cleverly hidden Passport Pocket that you will not find without looking in the instructions. I Wont post it here.
6 EXTERNAL POCKETS [2 CHEST, 2 HAND, 1 HIDDEN CHEST POCKET UNDER STORM FLAP, 1 LOWER SLEEVE ID/LICENSE POCKET]

6 External Pockets with waterproof zippers 2 Chest, 2 Hand, 1 Hidden Chest pocket under the double storm flap, 1 Lower sleeve ID/License Pocket.

Protection? The padding on this jacket goes way beyond the flimsy crap that is included in other jackets, even other high priced jackets. See below

D3O™ T5 EVO PRO XT ELBOW AND SHOULDER PIECES INCLUDED (EXCEED LEVEL 1 CE CERTIFICATION FOR PREN1621-1:2011 TESTING)D3O™ VIPER PRO BACK PIECE (EXCEEDS LEVEL 2 CE CERTIFICATION FOR EN1621-2 TESTING)
D3O™ VIPER PRO BACK PIECE (EXCEEDS LEVEL 2 CE CERTIFICATION FOR EN1621-2 TESTING)

I wore this jacket around the house, in the Garage and then went out and rode Wheelies around the dirt lot close by and the jacket was very very comfortable. It's a perfect sport cut. The Jacket has loops to attach to your jeans and also a zipper to attach to riding pants.

It's a shell jacket. Klim lets you worry about what kind of fleece you want to wear underneath, and they focus on building the very best shell that money can buy.

And that's what this jacket is, the very best best sport touring jacket that money can buy. I'm very proud to have it in my Gear closet and am even tempted to wear it to work tomorrow, pads and all!

I'll leave more reviews on the jacket later in the year and also next spring.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Cruizin, thanks for offering this great deal. I'm curious if this is still available. I'm not yet a premium member so cannot see the original post but did get the email. Also if you know how long the coupon code is good for? I would really love to hop on this deal, but was thinking about waiting until after the holidays. However if still available, I might have to jump on this right away.

• 2 months later...
This is an excellent review. I was still deciding on the jacket I wanted to buy. After reading this review I think you have helped me decide. I think this is a great jacket with a lot of protections. Is this deal still available. I would like to order one.  

Archived