Tech Day in Minnesota

desertfjr

My farkle pile is growing by the day and the weather is starting to turn to winter. Once we get past the holidays in the dregs of winter I am open to hosting a Tech Day in the Minneapolis area. We are going to strip down an FJ-09 to its bare essentials to install numerous farkles...chain oiler, cruise control, fuse block, GPS, LED taillights and turn signals, Knuckle Guards, factory luggage rack, Pazzo levers, rear hugger, fender extender, windshield, case guards, radiator guard and whatever else shows up between now and that day...or weekend...might take a couple of days. I have a heated garage where the work will be taking place. If you are interested in learning how to do something you might not otherwise tackle, tech days are a great way to get your feet wet and learn along with someone else before you try things on your bike. It's also a great way to meet other like-minded FJ owners/riders who may be amenable to rides or other gatherings during the riding season in our area.

If you are interested in attending a tech day this winter in the Mpls area, just add a post below. I am thinking sometime in January or early February. We'll make sure not to interfere with the Super Bowl. 

• 2 weeks later...
Well, my pile continues to grow...it will be a busy day. I am planning on [strong]January 30, 2016 [/strong]as the date for our first Minnesota Winter Break Tech Day. As my bike is essentially brand new with under 600 miles I will not be digging into any maintenance items like fork oil changes, etc. We will be concentrating on lots of electrical accessories, comfort and safety installations. The most complicated thing I will be tackling is the oiler installation. I am installing a Pro-Oiler GPS enabled unit. I will also be prepping the bike for cruise control utilizing OEM Yamaha controls. Still working on the cruise unit to be installed.

The entire current list includes:

Pro-Oiler Chain Oiler
Zumo GPS with TPMS System
Factory Rear Rack
Knuckle Guard LEDS
Flush Mount LED Front Turn Signal Replacement
MotoDynamic Taillight Installation
LED Turn Signal Controller
Yoshimura Fender Eliminator
JMV Hugger Install
FendaExtenda Install
Givi Crash Bars
Yamaha CC Controls
Pazzo Levers
New Windscreen (VStream hopefully)
3M Protection on Headlight Surrounds
Radiator Guard

Who knows what else will show up...maybe the Russell Day-Long will be back by then...it's going on so I am ready to go come the other side of winter. I will have coffee and donuts for the early arrivers...we can do pizza over the lunch hour.

So put the date on your calendar if you are interested, if you aren't, I take no offense. I am located in Lakeville, MN. I will bump this thread closer to the date as a reminder.

• 1 month later...
Just a reminder for any like-minded Minneapolis area FJ owners who want to watch/participate in the tear down of a FJ and the installation of several electrical accessories and a host of other comfort accessories, the first Minnesota Tech Day is drawing near. [strong]Saturday, January 30, 2016[/strong] is just around the corner. If you are free that Saturday and want to join in post up your response here. I will get a message to those interested with an address and directions. Location is in Lakeville. Coffee/Soda/Perhaps a cocktail or beers, Continental Breakfast and something totally unhealthy for lunch will be available.
The current list of items going in or on includes:
Pro-Oiler Chain Oiler
Zumo GPS with TPMS SystemSwitched Fuze Block
Factory Rear Rack
Knuckle Guard LEDS
JMV Hugger Install
FendaExtenda Install
Givi Crash Bars
Yamaha CC Controls
Pazzo Levers
New Windscreen (VStream)
3M Protection on Headlight Surrounds
Radiator Guard
Reflective Wheel Stripe Kit
Mirror Extenders

Just a reminder for any like-minded Minneapolis area FJ owners who want to watch/participate in the tear down of a FJ and the installation of several electrical accessories and a host of other comfort accessories, the first Minnesota Tech Day is drawing near. [strong]Saturday, January 30, 2016[/strong] is just around the corner. If you are free that Saturday and want to join in post up your response here. I will get a message to those interested with an address and directions. Location is in Lakeville. Coffee/Soda/Perhaps a cocktail or beers, Continental Breakfast and something totally unhealthy for lunch will be available. The current list of items going in or on includes:
Pro-Oiler Chain Oiler
Zumo GPS with TPMS SystemSwitched Fuze Block
Factory Rear Rack
Knuckle Guard LEDS
JMV Hugger Install
FendaExtenda Install
Givi Crash Bars
Yamaha CC Controls