Wow a nice quiet bubble of still air.

foxedupone

• Premium Member
What can I say, I love this Givi windshield. It may look like a bit of a barn door but that's what works if you really want wind, weather,noise protection. Plus it's very clear optically when it's clean so you hardly notice it there.

For cold weather or long distance touring I can't see much beating this screen for coverage and comfort.

The mounting bracket that comes with it really works to improve the angle of attack of the screen to do an effective job. The stock angle just rushes all the air in a noisy way right to your helmet even if you mess with the height of the screen.

I will use this for fall ,winter ,early spring screen but will want a summer screen for full wind as this would not provide enough airflow in hot humid weather of SE.

Only Givi specially shapes the screen to provide room for stock hand guards in any position without using cutouts. This area seems to block wind from hands, arms.

Riding with screen in upper position is a revelation that this bike could be a proper touring bike with no glaring annoyances once the wind problem is solved. This screen most definitely cures the FJ's wind management weakness but it may be over kill or not aesthetically pleasing for some and a more pleasant climate may not justify it unless you hate wind noise and like riding with no earplugs.

Anyway here it is I rode in the low 50's up to Shenandoah national park, in comfort with just a t shirt and my new Apex Klim gore tex shell, thanks FJ-09.org!

Oh I got it at
http://www.motostorm.it/en/accessories/motorcycle-parts/givi-2122dt.html
$70 for screen plus $25 for mounting bracket is a great deal for this item.
http://www.motostorm.it/en/accessories/motorcycle-parts/givi-d2122kit.html

I got a cool Shark helmet at the same time with this order.

0aba4f29f025912b4600c1bb16e383c1.jpg883350a02d1836b8a073684e3225ff73.jpg
66babc6fee46b16483878ed84fd01137.jpgecda9331b18d616fe11a4915df8ffcdf.jpg

How quick to install? With the Powerbronze (not perfect) using stock mountimg I can swap with the Puig shorty in about 90 seconds for when I don't want ugly and back for longer trips.

Speaking of ugly, what the HELL is with the mirrors??? Looks like you swiped them from a boy-racer's Ford Fiesta!

• Premium Member
I was having the same thoughts Mike, only a Citroen Saxo was in my vision. Of course, our colonial cousins may not understand what we are on about as their youth car pimping may not follow the same cultural norms :)

All pray to the Holy Blue LED.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Wrong thread Wessie, but how are you getting on with the Bagster saddle? Did a 200 mile round trip to Leicester with a football match in the middle and it was very good. Only issue is it retains a bit of water between the outer cover and inner membrane, which disappears if you give it an hour or so in the sun, but if you wipe it down immediately after a bit of rain, some will come out through the seams.

• Premium Member
Wrong thread Wessie, but how are you getting on with the Bagster saddle? Did a 200 mile round trip to Leicester with a football match in the middle and it was very good. Only issue is it retains a bit of water between the outer cover and inner membrane, which disappears if you give it an hour or so in the sun, but if you wipe it down immediately after a bit of rain, some will come out through the seams.
Yes, I noticed the foam was sealed in polythene so assumed the cover is not waterproof (which would be difficult to achieve with anything embroidered) - not worried me so far and I am usually wearing goretex clothing if it is wet or cold. Might be annoying if I ride to work in jeans and we get a rainstorm whilst it is parked outside if some water is trapped between the cover & foam. Time will tell. 
As far as comfort is concerned it seems good. Only done shortish rides on it so far. 40-50 miles there & back on relatively local rides. Again, time will tell when I do a few days riding strung together. 

Now, let's continue to take the piss out of the OP's pumpkin lollipops - handy if you get a bit peckish on a ride I suppose. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
It's not done yet. Yes on an all black bike my contrast color is orange. Here are my new brake lines, and coolant hoses all with an orange theme, plus the amber hand guard led's all orange! Maybe an orange chain, rim stripes, orange led pod lights, orange stitching on my seat, the list could go on I should have just bought s ktm.

Oh have you seen my orange levers and helmet? ;)

Hey Americans are generally blind to motorcyclists, I gotta do what I can to break up all the blackness.

I am slightly inspired and like the look of Euro police bikes like the Dutch with orange and blue reflective chevron stripes so at first I did have to restrain myself from getting the neon orange and blue plastidip and seeing what I could come up with on the FJ. In the us the DOT or roadworks uses orange vehicles and orange signal lights operated by people in high viz jackets... Will I blend in? DOT FJ-09 road surface inspector coming through...

Trust me this route is better then my other idea which was some kind of medical symbol or courier business logo on my windshield with the words Rush Medical Organ Transport written out backwards for people's rear view mirror and a cooler with red crosses all over it on a top box rack.

2e10fd32eca78faa1b9fd0b6b4a0afd6.jpg

d8ed651c759ca15e26e64ab1e8ebeb1a.jpg

I also like these decals, maybe I'll make up something for an orange cross to symbolize.
655ca6cb2de20140def6d8323996550b.jpg

496b56e37e8db7d259a4678a81386320.jpg

e28f1b42a2850f73bc604eee77956bbe.jpg

• Premium Member
You should really bite the bullet and buy an actual KTM, not make another make look like it was made in Austria!

Hey, I love the color scheme, and have had KTM's for years, till I bought my first FZ1 after riding it, while coming home on my KTM RXC 630e, and nearly buying the 990SM....

What I love about the Yamaha is the price point, power and parts. But I do miss the WP suspension, but it can be overcome with cost effective upgrades for the Yamaha's.

Lights, color and I love the "Emergency Organ Delivery" vehicle motif. Very crafty, and I bet it would work with the LEO's and get you a laugh from others who get the humor... Organ Donor Express Service perhaps? LOL Green Cross, with ODES LLC on there. Very crafty indeed. :)

Archived