Aftermarket Turnsignals How To (Revised 12/23/15)

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
I just put those signals on mine and while doing the wiring under the seat I tapped into the taillight to add stop and running lights to the rear. The tail lights aren't super bright but the stop lights really add more visibility to the rear of the bike. Mine have worked out good so far.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

• Premium Member
I just put those signals on mine and while doing the wiring under the seat I tapped into the taillight to add stop and running lights to the rear. The tail lights aren't super bright but the stop lights really add more visibility to the rear of the bike. Mine have worked out good so far.
Me too, but I Haven't had a chance to post up a how to yet. I also seemed to have added some power to the center piece of the brake light that now acts as a dim running light. Brake light still functions, as do the turn signal brake lights. Not sure what I did, but I like it.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

20151223_202147_zpsu43a7xjz.jpg
I found I had to make a plastic sleeve to move the signal body out some to prevent the threaded stem from contacting the inner shell.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Premium Member
I found I had to make a plastic sleeve to move the signal body out some to prevent the threaded stem from contacting the inner shell.
I didn't notice. I guess I should look. Just finished installing my shorter, turn signals on the front. I did not feel comfortable with the red turn signals I installed previously. The white is bright, but the amber not so much. It will work though. I guess one of my buddies will get the left over turn signals if they want them. I did notice that these smaller turn signals use smaller nuts, so it is a must that the signals be installed in the fairing pieces first before soldering the quick disconnect on, cause the nut hole will not allow the Yamaha quick disconnect to go through.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Corrected my installation instructions for the new smaller turn signals in the front.
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 2 weeks later...
I did this over the holidays, and again the ULEWZ thread was very helpful! I used turn Speed Metal signals from CycleGear and spacers from MotoDynamic. Also installed the same signals in the back along with an integrated tail light from MotoDynamic. Looks great!

Archived