Oil leak with T-rex case savers

ericm

I installed T-Rex case savers the other day, and now the alternator side is leaking oil slightly.  I was surprised there was oil behind that cover.  I'm used to two strokes where there's no oil there.

when I installed them I removed the bottom stock bolts and installed the case saver and the new longer bolts.   The other side's dry.
Anything I should have done or should do when I remove the case saver from that side and put the stock bolts back in?

I always check the lengths of the bolts if I pick more the one out.
If the bolts are longer then whats expected in the hole and you screw them in to hard you will trash the threading.
Your T-Rex bolts is maybe on the longer side and wont press the OEM covers enough. Make sure they are not to long.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
I went thru all the pieces last night. One of the lower covers doesn't have a completely straight standoff and one isn't flush with the others, but other than that  the pieces seem well made.  As long as the bolt lengths are correct, a washer should fill the gap and all will be fine.
I will be installing them this afternoon, so we will see.  Cheers
p.s.  Thanks for the info on the length of hardware you used.  Might be able to get those lengths locally if need be.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
I installed a set of these a couple of months ago. I've had no leaks or weaps. Install was straight forward and the hardware was correct.
Just wish I had these on before the bike got knocked over in a parking lot.
So I installed mine today as well.  So far no leaks or weaps either.  But, the real test will be after a ride. Hopefully we will go a day without rain and the dirt road I live on will dry enough for me to escape for awhile.  For the price they seem like a really good deal.Cheers 
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
I've ridden 4500 miles with my T-rex kit. No leaks at all. I consider it a good value.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• 9 months later...
Any update? Get this fixed?

I recently installed this kit: T-Rex Racing Slider Kit

Some oil leaked from the engine side covers during the installation.  You have to remove/replace the lower bolts for the side cases which allows a small amount of oil to leak.

I haven't had a leak since installation.

If you're having an oil leak following installation of the slider kit, the bolts for the sliders are either too loose or the incorrect length.

• 4 months later...

Archived