Source for lighting connectors

ib

Hi Folks

I'm trying to extend the rear tail light loom in order to use it as a switched input for a relay to power some other items.

I've located the connectors I need but can't find a source to purchase them from (partly because I don't actually know what they are called). Does anyone know what they're called?  Do you know where I can buy them from?

20151220162633-0f0ea552-me.jpg

The one on the left is the female and the right the male. They could take 3 wires but on the tail-light and indicators only two are connected for live and neutral.

I know I can just splice into the loom as it is but if possible I'd like to do it in a fashion that's neat and removable without affecting the original wiring.

Thanks, Ian

• Premium Member
Hi Folks 
I'm trying to extend the rear tail light loom in order to use it as a switched input for a relay to power some other items.

I've located the connectors I need but can't find a source to purchase them from (partly because I don't actually know what they are called). Does anyone know what they're called?  Do you know where I can buy them from?

20151220162633-0f0ea552-me.jpg

The one on the left is the female and the right the male. They could take 3 wires but on the tail-light and indicators only two are connected for live and neutral.

I know I can just splice into the loom as it is but if possible I'd like to do it in a fashion that's neat and removable without affecting the original wiring.

Thanks, Ian
Try Ebay doing a search for Yamaha turn signal harness:  linky 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Hi Folks 

Thanks, Ian
Here they are. Cycle Terminal.com 
Specifically - Yamaha link

Description: NT 040 Connector, Item #: NT040-3 Male Gray
Unit price: $2.25 USD

Description: NT 040 Connector, Item #: NT040-3 Female Gray
Unit price: $2.35 USD

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Archived