Wonderful YouTube Reviews for FJ-09 / Versys 1K / Triumph XR

• Premium Member
Absolutely the most comprehensive, objective, funny and enjoyable ride reviews for the Suzuki Vstrom 1000, Kawy Versys 1000, Yamaha FJ-09 and Triumph XRX. He rides them all back to back and give gets great insight to each. Totally worth your time.

From Andy Man Cam:

Suzuki Vstrom 1000 - 

Kawasaki Versys 1000 - 

Yamaha FJ-09 - 

Triumph Tiger 800 XRX - 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

BIG thumbs up, Clint, thanks so much for posting those!! He is a very funny and astute commentator, I very much enjoyed them. I sought out more of his videos and came upon a series he did chronicling a 1000+ mi. trip he did thru Germany, France, Andorra, etc. Most of those were somewhat boring because he spends far too much footage on plain, boring highway riding.

*However*, there was one two in particular that was full of twisty, mountain road blitzing: €-Tour 13: Mountain Moto Chase! (
)  
Although I'd have to say that were he to ride the way he does with the group that I usually ride with, he'd be chastised severely 'round the campfire for committing the ultimate sin: crossing the centerline. If you are riding soooo fast (and, apparently, above your skill level) that you must cross the centerline to negotiate the turn, YOU ARE RIDING TOO DAMN FAST! And it will result in your's or someone else's death eventually.

Long ago I adopted what is now known as "The Pace" as my style of riding. And I feel that I am a MUCH better, faster, and SAFER rider for having done so. If you like to occasionally blaze it a bit while on the street and do not know what The Pace is, I suggest you Google it up and study (and practice its teachings) for all you're worth!! It will probably save your life one day.

Thanks again, Clint, for the videos, those were great fun to watch!!

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
*However*, there was one two in particular that was full of twisty, mountain road blitzing: €-Tour 13: Mountain Moto Chase! (
)  
Although I'd have to say that were he to ride the way he does with the group that I usually ride with, he'd be chastised severely 'round the campfire for committing the ultimate sin: crossing the centerline. If you are riding soooo fast (and, apparently, above your skill level) that you must cross the centerline to negotiate the turn, YOU ARE RIDING TOO DAMN FAST! And it will result in your's or someone else's death eventually.

Long ago I adopted what is now known as "The Pace" as my style of riding. And I feel that I am a MUCH better, faster, and SAFER rider for having done so. If you like to occasionally blaze it a bit while on the street and do not know what The Pace is, I suggest you Google it up and study (and practice its teachings) for all you're worth!! It will probably save your life one day.

Thanks again, Clint, for the videos, those were great fun to watch!!

I gave up watching all of the videos. I thought the bike reviews were a bit dull and then as you point out, the ride on the mountain road was annoying as the road positioning was awful. The rider he was following was using some really bad lines, hugging the centre line on left handers rather than using the width of the road to maximise visibility and smoothness. He needs a copy of the Roadcraft book, which is used in the UK to inform better riding through getting road positioning right.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived