Yamaha comfort saddle

The seat discussion is very subjective.  Do a search in the forum. There are several threads about seats. Overall the Yamaha comfort seat has gotten pretty poor reviews from what I can tell.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Specifically talking about the Yamaha comfort seat, there's generally 3 opinions I've seen on this forum. 1. It's great! 2. It sucks! 3. Somewhere in between 1 & 2.

I've seen literally the opposite opinions on this seat. I'm on my phone right now so I can't search for you but if you use google and add site:FJ-09.org into the search bar along with whatever you want to find on the site and it will pull it right up.

• Premium Member
Specifically talking about the Yamaha comfort seat, there's generally 3 opinions I've seen on this forum. 1. It's great! 2. It sucks! 3. Somewhere in between 1 & 2. 
I've seen literally the opposite opinions on this seat. I'm on my phone right now so I can't search for you but if you use google and add site:FJ-09.org into the search bar along with whatever you want to find on the site and it will pull it right up.
I've had the Yamaha comfort seat about 4000 miles now.  I'd say I'm about 1.3 on the above scale. It's better than stock for sure, but replacing it is on my list this year, but not so bad it's at the top. 

Stock one sucks - too hard
Comfort one sucks - too hard
Comfort one modded with jell pad - better still sucks
Corbin seat - installed but not tested yet

Ive never had a bike with such a harsh seat its like you are sitting on plastic and that is it

Ryan observed: "Ive never had a bike with such a harsh seat its like you are sitting on plastic and that is it"

That's exactly how I feel, and I've had a LOT of bikes to compare it to. I ordered a Corbin about 1 week of suffering the stock 2x4. The Corbin is *sweet* and, IMHO, well worth the $452 I paid...

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Archived