Rear tail cowl

I don't usually ride with passengers and so I have taken off rear pegs. The stock rear seat is rather large, so I made a fiberglass seat cowl. I bought another rear seat, took off cover/padding and made a clay mild to lay the glass over. I removed the clay and now have a light weight fiberglass piece. The stock seat I installed a soft bag to and now can change between bags/no bags in seconds.

If I were to do it again I would probably start with a cowl off another bike and modify to fit the seat base. The fiberglass process to a long time. I'm not an expert using it.

Thanks guys. My bike started out RED, but I never really liked the color, so I painted it. I have a good friend that sent me the Colin Edwards Arai replica helmet, so I added the '5' to the bike also. I will probably leave it yellow for Yamaha's 60th anniversary and then re-paint it next year. I think a FJ would make a really cool Transfirmers or Batman themed bike. Just an idea, who knows.

Yes, great job
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Wow! Over in Europe Yamaha released half the range in yellow & black speedblocks for the 60th anniversary, I couldn't understand why they didn't do the Tracer/FJ as I always thought it would look great. I can see I was right Your bike looks bloody fantastic, kudos to you sir!