New QuickShifter Installed!!

A few weeks ago one of my friends from TrackXperience track days asked if he could borrow my FJ so he could create a flash with an ECU quickshifter. I was immediately skeptical of putting a quick shifter on the my FJ-09. I had one on my ZX-6R for the track, but on my two-up weekend bike it seemed like a waste. He is a cool guy and I was going away for a few days so I agreed.

[strong]I love it[/strong]... Let me explain why.

The Bike: It works seamlessly with the bike, no unusually hard shifting and no weird sounds. The bike sounds awesome rowing through the gears under full acceleration.

The Ride: It is awesome two-up. When your not pushing the bike but you want a smooth shift so the passenger doesn't shift weight it works awesome. I ride with my GF all the time and it really smoothed out the motion. When you are on your own it just pulls forever, no question faster than me with the clutch or me matching revs.

The Quality: As you will see from the pictures it looks like it was made to be there.

So shout out to Kirk at FJECU for an awesome job, http://ftecu.com/ or sales@ftecu.com (Orange, CA)

My bike:
2015 FJ-09
2wheeldynoworks Tune (Now with FTECU Quickshift Update)
Graves Exhaust
Graves Blockoff Plates

I am in no way supported, sponsored or affiliated with TrackXperience or FTECU. This is just my opinion.
HzGivF4.jpg

A few weeks ago one of my friends from TrackXperience track days asked if he could borrow my FJ so he could create a flash with an ECU quickshifter. I was immediately skeptical of putting a quick shifter on the my FJ-09. I had one on my ZX-6R for the track, but on my two-up weekend bike it seemed like a waste. He is a cool guy and I was going away for a few days so I agreed.  
[strong]I love it[/strong]... Let me explain why.

The Bike: It works seamlessly with the bike, no unusually hard shifting and no weird sounds. The bike sounds awesome rowing through the gears under full acceleration.

The Ride: It is awesome two-up. When your not pushing the bike but you want a smooth shift so the passenger doesn't shift weight it works awesome. I ride with my GF all the time and it really smoothed out the motion. When you are on your own it just pulls forever, no question faster than me with the clutch or me matching revs.

The Quality: As you will see from the pictures it looks like it was made to be there.

So shout out to Kirk at FJECU for an awesome job, http://ftecu.com/ or sales@ftecu.com (Orange, CA)

My bike:
2015 FJ-09
2wheeldynoworks Tune (Now with FTECU Quickshift Update)
Graves Exhaust
Graves Blockoff Plates

I am in no way supported, sponsored or affiliated with TrackXperience or FTECU. This is just my opinion.

I will be installing mine soon as well but FT ECU does not provide instructions on how to properly install the rods with sensor and how to route the sensor cable. Could you possibly describe your procedure for rods + sensor installation and for routing of the sensor cable? 

I will be installing mine soon as well but FT ECU does not provide instructions on how to properly install the rods with sensor and how to route the sensor cable. Could you possibly describe your procedure for rods + sensor installation and for routing of the sensor cable?  

Run it under your tank and coil up the excess wire under your seat. It plugs into the tip-over sensor right behind the tank. I installed mine at the top of the shift rod, not in the middle like pictured. Either way works. Just make sure you match the stock shiftrod length so the shifter isn't too high or low, and connect the shift rod on to the input shaft in the same spot as it was before. I think there's a line on it so you can line it up easily. It's an easy install. Should take about 45 minutes including removing your fairings.

Run it under your tank and coil up the excess wire under your seat. It plugs into the tip-over sensor right behind the tank. I installed mine at the top of the shift rod, not in the middle like pictured. Either way works. Just make sure you match the stock shiftrod length so the shifter isn't too high or low, and connect the shift rod on to the input shaft in the same spot as it was before. I think there's a line on it so you can line it up easily. It's an easy install. Should take about 45 minutes including removing your fairings.
Thank you! Do I need to use blue Loctite? 

Archived