New member from the Netherlands... countless sleepless nights

markvr

Hey All,

Been lurking quite some time. Finally pulled the trigger and registered, but only after purchasing the FJ (or Tracer as it is known here)!! Delivery date is unknown, however the dealer told me it may be sooner rather than later (whatever that means). Will have mine delivered with heated grips, LED position/indicator lights, SW-motech crash protection and  Kriega US luggage (rather than OEM soft bags). Too bad the hard cases (or "city bags" as they are known here) aren't available in the Netherlands.

Can't wait to take delivery of mine, although it's pretty crappy weather :-(

Cheers to you all and a big thank you to the moderator(s) for maintaining this forum!!

Guest eatpasta
cool! Sounds like you got the fully loaded one! Congrats for sure. There are still many of us that are trying to juggle our finances to figure a way to buy one - myself included.
I hope you take delivery soon!

• Premium Member
Got mine, very happy. Still trying to sell my FJR1300, but this bike was worth it.
And welcome to the forum.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Thank you for the welcoming words, even though I'm strictly still not worthy of communicating on this forum. Still no sign of a delivery date. This gave me the chance to change the color of the bike. I fell in love with the red one, but decided to change my order to matte grey yesterday. This didn't change the sleeplessness however...  B-|

Here it is!!

tl0LPGU.jpg

It was expected end of februari, early march... but I guess the gray one is faster  8-).

The dealer also has the heated grips, flashy flashers, kriega luggage and radiator guard. Still waiting on SW-motech crash protection. 

Can't wait for the roadsalt to be washed away!!  :D

Greeting from one happy camper!

Here it is!! 
tl0LPGU.jpg

It was expected end of februari, early march... but I guess the gray one is faster  8-).

The dealer also has the heated grips, flashy flashers, kriega luggage and radiator guard. Still waiting on SW-motech crash protection. 

Can't wait for the roadsalt to be washed away!!  :D

Greeting from one happy camper!
No, the grey ones are sneakier.  ;)

Thank you for the welcoming words, even though I'm strictly still not worthy of communicating on this forum. Still no sign of a delivery date. This gave me the chance to change the color of the bike. I fell in love with the red one, but decided to change my order to matte grey yesterday. This didn't change the sleeplessness however...  B-|

Congratulations on your final colour choice matt gray... The dark side

Congratulations and welcome to the forum, I like you are new to the Tracer at least you have yours at the dealers, mine should be in the next couple of weeks, for the 15 registration here in the UK.

I am unsure which colour to go for, like the RED and Grey!!! not seen a GREY in the flesh only the RED.

What made you change your mind?

For what it's worth, you can't go wrong either way. I loved the matte grey, but was afraid it might go shiny, so chose the red. That decision kept knawing on me and the dealer noticed. They told me not to worry. Yamaha's matte is supposed to be a lot better than the matte finish on the ducati dark series.

He showed me a used matte grey super tenere, which was still pristine after 30.000km. So: decision made!

*but red is also prrreeettttyyyyy!*

Gr
Mark

Archived