Seat? Corbin vs Sargent

• Premium Member
another cheap and effective suggestion, also made elsewhere, bike shorts.
With so many expensive farkles like ECU flashes, exhausts, frame sliders, luggage, and windscreens to spend $€£¥ on, I've found a few affordable seat mods that vastly improve the FJ-09 riding experience. 
1: Like weinman123 says, padded bike shorts
2: Alaska sheepskin cover, improves comfort and keeps you warm when its cold and cool when its hot, plus you can switch between your multiple bikes in seconds
3: California Scientific's tempur foam DIY seat mod, link is here (best bang for buck motorcycle mod I've ever done):

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Seats.html#DIYSeat

Carry on!
+1 on the sheepskin! Even though I'm a fan of Corbin's seats, I still throw on a sheepskin in very hot or very cold weather. Definitely a worthy addition for comfort!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got my Sargent backrest today for the wife, gotta say it looks and feels nice and easy to install/remove. I'm fine with the stock seat so glad they sold this separately, though pricey it's far better than I could make!

I've ordered the Alaskan Leather sheepskin. Will let you know how it feels next week when it comes in
i have some sheepskin from Alaska Leather that is left-over from my FJR.

I tried it on the FJ and it took it from unbearable to tolerable. Even though I hate the appearance of it, I'm not taking it off until I get a proper seat fix. It's definitely an improvement.
Keep Asheville weird!

Well got my sheepskin in today and road with it 40 miles to work. So far, so good! Nice and comfy. Very impressed with the customer service at Alaskan. I ordered according to their chart, they cross checked my model and determined another size was needed. The correct size came with a note telling me they had refunded $10, and that they had updated their sizing chart. Our front solo seat requires pillan 1 size skin.

Archived