Hello from western PA!

Hi everybody, just wanted to say thanks for letting me join the fun.  I'm a long time rider who now finds himself looking around for another bike.  Currently I'm on a touring machine but ever since I moved out to the country my riding isn't what I imagined it would be.  The roads are a little rougher.  Lots of bends and hills and once in awhile gravel/sand.  The more I think about it the more attractive an adventure bike sounds.  Something smaller and lighter would seem ideal.  Had a chance to test ride an FJ-09 last year.  It felt good but I was surprised at how high the seat was.  The bike felt so light that it the seat height didn't seem to be a problem for me.  And I'm guessing the FJ-09 is fairly bulletproof like most other yamaha bikes nowadays?

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more about the FJs!  :)

Welcome to the forum , lots of info on here, look around and Im sure any questions you may have can be answered..but to start you off, yes the FJ is a pretty bullet prof bike ...lots of them on the road and no real problems to speak of

• Premium Member
Welcome! Where about in western Pa do you live? I was born and raised south of Butler.
The FJ is definitely lighter than a touring bike which is one of the things I really liked. Search around and you will find lots of good info here.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Welcome! Where about in western Pa do you live? I was born and raised south of Butler. The FJ is definitely lighter than a touring bike which is one of the things I really liked. Search around and you will find lots of good info here.
Thanks!  I'm over near Tarentum, PA now kind of close to Gatto Cycle.  Moved here from Greentree and its been a real change of scenery.   Really enjoying it too.  The country roads are pretty awesome.   

• Premium Member
Nice! Spent some time there when I worked in the steel mill many years ago and spent some money at Gatto also. Amazing how different the scenery is here in southern California.

Good luck with whatever bike you end up choosing.

Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Archived