T-Rex racing lowering links

renzo

Just my take on lowering links, They will lower the bike as stated but do nothing to reduce the actual suspension travel so buyer beware this may cause interference between the tire and fender under full compression.

• 4 weeks later...
...as well as bringing the swingarm closer to being parallel to earth. Once the swingarm gets parallel to earth, or worse, has negative angle, handling i.e. corner exit will go straight into the ditch. (Pun intended)

You're also at high risk of dragging hard parts in corners, and the sidestand and centerstand will be too long.

You will also have to pull the fork tubes up an equivalent amount to get your steering head angle back.

Just a few things to consider when contemplating shortening a chassis
Keep Asheville weird!

You're also at high risk of dragging hard parts in corners, and the sidestand and centerstand will be too long.

I finally went with the one inch lowering links from Lust, and lowered the forks 10mm.  My only problem so far is the cat converter scraping lightly on the top of the incline to my driveway, but I have a pretty steep entry because of a narrow strip between the street and sidewalk.  The side stand could be a half inch shorter, but I've tried 2 adjustable ones (Soupy's and PSR) and neither one is satisfactory.  Still looking for a solution, thinking about bending the stock one a bit. I ride onto a 2 by 6 to utilize the center stand for maintenance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived