• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bag Liners for Yamaha Bags

• Premium Member
Kathy's Journey Design makes liners for the Yamaha FJR 1300 saddlebags. These are the same saddlebags used by the FJ-09 except the lids on the FJ-09 version are shallower.

At the time, their SKU for the liners was: KJD.YF13P.gry (I got the grey ones, hence the "gry" at the end of the SKU).

They fit my FJ-09 bags perfectly, and were about $100/pair when I got mine last year.
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

I couldn't see the value in purchasing the OEM pannier liners. These Kathy's liners look pretty good.

Instead I use packing solution bags from Katmandu.
They come in small, medium & large. 2 x medium fit well in each pannier or 1 x medium + 2 x small. If you get them on sale you can pick them up for around AUD$10 each.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Kathy's Journey Design makes liners for the Yamaha FJR 1300 saddlebags. These are the same saddlebags used by the FJ-09 except the lids on the FJ-09 version are shallower. 
At the time, their SKU for the liners was: KJD.YF13P.gry (I got the grey ones, hence the "gry" at the end of the SKU).

They fit my FJ-09 bags perfectly, and were about $100/pair when I got mine last year.
Thanks for the tip, I ordered a set yesterday but it looks like I might not see them before leaving for my trip.  But I'll have them for the next one! 
I wanted the grey, but for giggles looked at the clearance sections where they had a set of silver for $79.  I figured 'why do they need to match when they'll be INSIDE the Yammie bags and you won't see them'.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again for the recommendations. The Kathy's Journey Design bags are quite sturdy and nicely constructed. Only bummer is they arrived the day after I left for my trip. Shame on me and my procrastination.

Archived