Finally got my ecu flash kit!

After weeks of waiting. I got my flash kit. So rather than pay someone else to do it I can do it myself fugging expensive though. Anyone got any suggestions on what needs changing?

I really only got it to load my ecu with a new map to fix the dodgy fuelling

Hey, I really get the bit about doing things yourself..., but in this case if you a) don't really know what to change, and b) you only need to fix throttle response...then I am not sure that was such a bargain. How much was the kit? You have to strip the bike good to do this, so not something you want to do often. Trial and error method will be a pain for you...just saying. Enjoy your new toy though.

Not fussed about stripping and rebuilding my bike it's just an opportunity to clean :-) sure a bit of trial and error but I do have support

Hey, I really get the bit about doing things yourself..., but in this case if you a) don't really know what to change, and b) you only need to fix throttle response...then I am not sure that was such a bargain. How much was the kit? You have to strip the bike good to do this, so not something you want to do often. Trial and error method will be a pain for you...just saying. Enjoy your new toy though.
Not fussed about stripping and rebuilding my bike it's just an opportunity to clean :-) sure a bit of trial and error but I do have support
Good to hear about different options other than shipping your ECU off. What's the damage to the pocketbook?

My bike isn't modified. All the companies you send your ecu off to load a new map turn required stuff off and send it back. Sure you've had fun with getting yours right. But I don't see all these companies asking you to send your ecu off saying. ' it's give or take. Might work might not ' I have a guy that flashes these for a big company on hand helping me get mine right

I'm. Not in it to make money. I wanna do my own stuff to my own bike. But sure. If someone wants there's flashed. And I know them. I'll do it for the cost of the licence. Being able to do stuff for myself constantly at the cost of what someone will charge to do a single flash. Is common sense isn't it?

Good to hear about different options other than shipping your ECU off. What's the damage to the pocketbook?

What do u mean? To buy the kit?

• Premium Member
Wish you well tracermonkey, sounds like you have all the support you need to make your bike exactly the way you want it. And after all, isn't that what we are all looking for?

Do be careful flashing someone else's bike, while I'm not a lawyer, I suspect there might be liability issues........

Wish you well tracermonkey, sounds like you have all the support you need to make your bike exactly the way you want it. And after all, isn't that what we are all looking for? 
Do be careful flashing someone else's bike, while I'm not a lawyer, I suspect there might be liability issues........

I'm one of these people that trust no one! I have learnt to do everything my self. Changing tyres fork seals etc etc this is just an extension to this
Like I said. I'll do it if I know them. I could start up and do it for others. But that'd make me a hypocrite. part of the reason o got my kit is because I'm.not willing to send the brain of my bike to someone I don't know. How can I in good heart ask someone to do the same

It's self satisfaction. Loads of :-)

• 4 weeks later...
Company local to me charge £315 for a flash. Although custom. But I bought the wiring to do it myself for slightly more than that. Sure. Lot of money. But opens up so many things for me
Any chance of a screen shot of the program? I did see someone take one but I can't seem to find it. I was about to buy a kit myself then the boss went and bought a heap of flashtune harnesses and software so I scored there!
I mainly want to get rid of the speed limiter so I can dyno it properly (I won't be riding it that fast)
And accessing functions like fan on earlier, AIS off, fuel mapping obviously and having a tweak with the ignition offsets to see the effect they have.
I can't wait to get into it.

Archived