Racing

The Indy 500 got me thinking - what if Rossi and Marquez and Lorenzo raced the Indy 500 track.  Imagine Rossi in a tuck going down the front straight, popping up for braking into Turn one.  Then Marquez leaned over scraping his elbow and shoulder thru the apex, feathering throttle between 1 and 2, then way on the power coming out of 2 sliding the rear, lifting the front as they come onto the back straight almost out to the wall.  Not really dirt track racing not really road course.  They'd have to put soft barriers up in the corners, but wow, they would really be flat out coming out of 2 and 4.  There would be drafting, and diving to the inside for the corners.  They would get so good at the corners they would be sliding both tires slightly.

This is great fun to imagine.  Any of you guys like motoGP.  My house is Rossi territory.

• Premium Member
When they ran at Indy they actually did use the front straight but then went into the road course before turn 1. I actually got to ride the road course a few years back as part of a special package deal with ticket purchase. They tried to limit speeds to under 45 mph but when my buddy passed me wide open on his Ducati monster race was on. It was an experience I will not forget. I just wish I would have got a picture of my buddy riding one wheel down the front stretch while the course marshal was frantically waving his arms to slow down. As Jon said with no elevation changes watching the race was kind of boring but just being there was exciting.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Archived