Buyers remorse, do you have it? Tank Slap/Seat hurts/Suspens

Your doing it wrong. Please stop saying its the bikes fault for your bad form.

16 thousand miles i have had one head shake/tank slapper because i thought i was rossi coming over a rise and tried to lift the front wheel at 90mph in right handed bend, i learned from it and it has not happened again. It's in the bars and your grip on them.

Got HOT today set the cruise and let go of the bars unzipped my jacket and held it open for a few seconds at 85mph on the freeway home today, NO head shake/tank slap and there were no hands on the bars. Stock windscreen.

So tired of hearing all these negative things about a bike that costs 10-11 grand OTD some with bags. Sure the multi can do this the XR can do that and the VK1 looks more comfortable. Some are a mere couple some in the 10s of thousands more.
Over 1000 miles in the Cal24, the kid on the FZ1's ass hurt on the custom corbin, the old mans ass hurt on the VK1 with a rewrap of his seat and my ass also hurt for a few on the stock seat. We all rode hard no one was say faster than the other because of the bikes, so what that brings us too is you all having buyers remorse and that happens but maybe in the future you should do some more homework before a large purchase.

I bought this bike sight unseen, never heard of one, and had been off/out of bikes for 8 years for medical reasons. The old man i stated above was called and he pointed me at the EffJay. He taught me to ride, he knew my abilities and my disabilities so to speak with my back and shoulder issues and said this is what you need. I bought it 24hrs later still sight unseen and unsat or ridden on. I then picked up the bike trucked it home and have been happy with her ever since.

Sure she could use a few things but she has not stopped me yet from enjoying the riding we all love to do so much all while being an absolute hooligan (wheelie for safety 8-) ) when i can and the best and most safe rider i was taught to be most of the time.

I have made 3 large automobile/motorcycle purchases over the last 12 years, gathering my retirement toys before i cant afford them anymore.
2004 STI just to tear up the canyons and have some fun at the track and maybe some rallyx.
2014 Ford Raptor to have all the fun the STI cant in the dirt and some high speed desert running.
2015 Effjay because the STI finally needed a motor and i needed transpo so i didn't beat up the Raptor with commute miles. Also to play on and take the wife on a few rides.

All 3 are completely different vehicles and do different things but i did my research and bought what i needed for ME, not what some reviewer said i needed or what some forum said i should buy. Reviews and forums are great to help form your opinions on a potential purchase but your ASS your HEART and your BRAIN should be the ones there for the purchase because your opinion and mine may differ and then you all come on here saying i bought a shitbox when in actuality you just have buyers remorse.

I also have no chicken strips and my feelers are still there, so who else is doing it wrong.
Sorry Rant over
Eggman, ill get off my soapbox now.

Here she is on her maiden rally voyage. Loaded up to the gills and you think i let the kid get away from me, NOPE!!!
EamgGAq.jpg

Played in the dirt, no pan problems here.
WTtBRh7.jpg?1
Got hungry and it didn't overwhelm my already loaded up suspension.xi5JFSr.jpg
Got hungry again, dam i like to eat. And this was a rally point. Still no issues.bqqrFnU.jpg
This bike took me on the most memorable ride i have had to date. 1000miles in 24hrs with my 3 best riding buddies on the best backroads and fastest twisties cali has to offer. She tore up the canyons and flew down the slabs but not once did she bark at me to stop, she did everything i asked her too.
2015 EffJay 09, 2014 F150 Raptor, 2004 WRX STI & 79 Ford Bronco

Nice write up and great photos. :)

My 2006 FZ1 was just like that White one you were riding with. Loved by me, totally upgraded the bars to protapers, seat foam, and many engine mods along with a nice Akra slipon, but dang, the FJ09 is even better than the FZ1.

Love the ABS, Traction control, narrow engine/frame/bike, lower weight and LED lamps. (Must say on my FZ1, I put 55 Watt HID lamps with high/low flipper control, so it had better headlamps than any bike I've ever owned, PERIOD. Seriously, high beam was 140mph safe and so dang bright, you often had to go to low beam to reduce the glare from road signs at night....)

But, when I finally add a wide light bar to the FJ09, it's going to be brighter, use less amps, and look pretty badass so I'm not worried. (And the Stock LED's are dang bright.)

Archived