Reliable Supension company- Stoltec Moto and Nitron

Buggy Nate

Hi Guys, just wanted to let you know I found a reliable fast company that actually wants to please their customers.Stoltec Moto. I sent a email on a Sunday got a reply a few hours later, on a bloody Sunday! Ordered my spring and piston kits and they are now on their way to me. Doubt it'll be quick (nothing to Australia is) but I cannot complain one iota about the service.I will start a thread regarding the install and how they are valved so people can see what it all entails.Just wanted to let everyone know as there are few praising emails only having a whine ones, and I was shocked to say the least by the service thus far. Also ordered a Nitron R1 base model shock to complete the package (off Nitron direct) Also great to deal with.Stay tuned!

Well I got my Nitron shock today! Bloody stoked, 8 days from the UK for a custom built shock. Very very impressed fit it up at work in my lunch break, took all of 15 minutes including double checking the sag. It was perfect straight out the box. The only thing I am not raving about is the silly plastic grub screw and the colour of the spring.. I did really like the stock blurple colour.
Test ride on the way home!!

Just got off the bike, well f&@k me what a amazing transformation!!! Really is unbelievable how much of a difference the shock made, it even made the front end feel fine, and if I was to just change one thing the shock would be it.
I was thinking it was actually the other way around and the forks were the major problem I had with the suspension.
I was getting some wallowing in the corners while pushing harder than a normal commute. Also hard edged bumps and dips in the road (of which Sydney has heaps of) were very harsh on compression and the rebound circuit wasn't able to keep up.
The bike now no longer wallows like a 70's sports bike with a hinged chassis and while I can still feel the bumps and dips and potholes they no longer upset the chassis and it doesn't jar me through the bars.
Very impressed Nitron! Even the sag figures were perfect out of the box. Only downside so far is I don't think they will sell me the bits to service it myself.
Very keen to see what the fork upgrade does to complete the package when I install it.

Got my kit in from Stoltec Moto today, looks good! Quite quick postage as well, the states generally takes ages to send stuff so only a day longer than the UK is not bad in my books. Not sure when I will have the time to fit it yet, might have to be next weekend maybe. Bit hard finding the time to pull the front end out of my commuter and do surgery on its forks hoping it all goes well and such.
Can't wait to get cracking on it. Will try and get some good pictures up so people know what they are getting when they buy a kit.

• 2 weeks later...
glad to hear these, imagine ntr1 is the base model, ntr2 or ntr3 are far superior. i have the ntr r3 and i absolutely like it. another good thing is their customer support, they changed without cost the spring rates and sent me another one freeo f charge. i did not pay the installation to their authorized dealer. for front i have the fgk237 ohlins.

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

• 2 weeks later...
I finally had the time to install my Stoltec Moto fork piston kit and springs today, went together like a piece of piss, added some SKF seals for reduced stiction, I love their products, always makes the slider action nice and smooth.
Only needed to use a heat gun to break the loctite seal on the base valve and fluid lock, so it negated the need for me to grind down a 19mm spanner to fit in the 3-4mm gap.
Will fit them up on Monday and post up a review. Rebound adjuster now makes a Massive difference. I stuck with the shim stack that was supplied by them and a set of 0.95 springs.
Will revalve if necessary but I think it will be great for my commuting use mostly.

Had almost a weeks worth of riding to evaluate the Stoltec Moto kit, the rebound circuit is now fully usable, it has less than stock rebound open and WAY more than stock when closed, so much so the forks barely want to extend..! The compression side feels slightly light for my tastes and the high speed square edged holes and bumps are still slightly harsh sometimes at speed. But it is only a two piston set-up and for the price the results are great. I would like to do the same to the dead leg and re valve to suit for balance sake and I am still feeling awkward about having one dead leg!
I am very happy with how the bike rides now, you still feel the road but the bumps and holes don't upset the chassis anymore. The 0.95 springs were good for my weight too. I weigh 98kg

Glad to see you got your suspension squared away. I too am a heavier guy (215lbs all geared) and was overpowering the stock items- most notably the rear shock. I chose to go with a JRI shock, but the Nitron was on my list. Working on the forks was easier than I had imagined- with a little time and the right tools, they are simple to service.

Where are you in Aus? I have family in near New Castle - on Lake MacQuarie.

Cheers.

Glad to see you got your suspension squared away. I too am a heavier guy (215lbs all geared) and was overpowering the stock items- most notably the rear shock. I chose to go with a JRI shock, but the Nitron was on my list. Working on the forks was easier than I had imagined- with a little time and the right tools, they are simple to service. 
Where are you in Aus? I have family in near New Castle - on Lake MacQuarie.

Cheers.

I live in Menai and work in Hornsby,
Yeah I honesty found the forks great to work with. My mum is up at bonny hills so I'll get a nice long ride to say hi.

Archived