vcyclenut flash.

So the 2015 FJ I purchased this spring hit 2500 miles, and the weather up here in Minneapolis was going to be super hot for the next few days so I decided to pull out my ecu, and send it of for a flash. I tried to call David with some questions regarding the process, and within 5 minutes we were texting back and forth. I had read many reviews of his work on the FZ forum, and the price was right so I decided to pull the trigger and send it out. I also plan on a full Graves exhaust in the future, and the free reflagging for life is a major factor in why I chose him. He received it on Tuesday, and it was back to me Friday afternoon. That's some speedy service! In our chat I told him what I was looking for, and he recommended going with his 3 custom modes. When I pulled the ECU I modified the airbox snorkel, and removed the foam glued to the underside of my fuel tank to allow better airflow to the airbox. I chose the stock bike fuel map, fan activates at 195, A mode is now "quick turn", Standard mode is now "smooth", and B mode is now "reduced traction". The bike is set to start up in stand-smooth mode now. I also chose to have him disable the O2 sensor, disable injector decel cut, and get rid of that stupid 115 mph speed limiter.

I couldn't wait to get home from work today to see if my $200 dollar flash was worth it. My friend Tim came over and we threw the bike together and we went for a 60 mile rip this evening. Tim just picked up a 2017 FZ-10 that I had the pleasure to test ride just a day earlier. After riding the FZ-10 I had a bit of jealousy of the power of that bike compared to the FJ. That of course was before I got to ride the FJ after the flash tune. I am not saying that the FJ with a flash has near the power that an FZ-10 has, but it can hang in there just fine now. I found the bike pulling harder throughout the entire rev range now. It seemed like the power band was above 5000 rpm's in order to get the response we all desire to put a grin on our faces. I now find myself feeling the hard pull at just over 4k now. No more jerky fueling in A mode. Everything is polished, and smooth now?. This is the best performance mod I have ever done to a bike. If you are on the fence about flashing your ecu don't be. The whole process in dealing with David was top notch. I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Thanks for the review @plumberjoe . This mod is definitely in my future and was planning on using vcyclenut.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Thanks for the review @plumberjoe . This mod is definitely in my future and was planning on using vcyclenut.

Do it. No regrets here, everything Joe said is spot on (mine is set up virtually the same way, except mine starts up in "A" mode now). For the money, one of the best mods I've done for the FJ.

@Hawkeye and @plumberjoe did you guys get the AIS disabled too? Any benefit? I kinda like the popping during engine breaking. Not a big deal though. Also, with injector deceleration cut you lose engine breaking right? How significant?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@Hawkeye and @plumberjoe did you guys get the AIS disabled too? Any benefit? I kinda like the popping during engine breaking. Not a big deal though. Also, with injector deceleration cut you lose engine breaking right? How significant?

I did not disable the AIS, but I will when I install a Graves exhaust, and send it in for a re flash.

• Premium Member
@hawkeye and @plumberjoe did you guys get the AIS disabled too? Any benefit? I kinda like the popping during engine breaking. Not a big deal though. Also, with injector deceleration cut you lose engine breaking right? How significant?
I did not disable the AIS, but I will when I install a Graves exhaust, and send it in for a re flash.
I also didn't change AIS. Left the engine braking alone as well, as I heard from someone that it was pretty noticeable and I prefer the engine braking anyway.

@Hawkeye @plumberJoe So you left the injector decel cut active? Disabling is supposedly reduces engine braking but smooths the on off throttle.

AIS just dumps clean air into the exhaust to burn any left over fuel for emission.

Atleast that's what I thought..

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@Hawkeye @plumberJoe So you left the injector decel cut active? Disabling is supposedly reduces engine braking but smooths the on off throttle. 
AIS just dumps clean air into the exhaust to burn any left over fuel for emission.

Atleast that's what I thought..

I disabled injector decel. I still have plenty of engine braking for my liking. The jerkiness is gone in all modes now.

Archived