Fjr saddlebag latch sticking

So this is my second fjr saddlebag (first one I broke the latch trying to get it open because it was stuck closed) that gets stuck and is hard to open. The latch sticks when opening and closing and I am afraid I am going to break this one as wil. So does anyone have any suggestion on fixing this? I have tried wd40, 3 to 1 oil lube, cable lube, and chain lube and none have solved it from sticking. I am heading out on a long 8 day ride in a week and need to be able to get into the bag without any issue. The right bag works great the left one sucks a**. Any help would be apprecated. (This has nothing to do with the lock on the bag. It works great and the screws are loctited).

• Premium Member
So this is my second fjr saddlebag (first one I broke the latch trying to get it open because it was stuck closed) that gets stuck and is hard to open. The latch sticks when opening and closing and I am afraid I am going to break this one as wil. So does anyone have any suggestion on fixing this? I have tried wd40, 3 to 1 oil lube, cable lube, and chain lube and none have solved it from sticking. I am heading out on a long 8 day ride in a week and need to be able to get into the bag without any issue. The right bag works great the left one sucks a**. Any help would be apprecated. (This has nothing to do with the lock on the bag. It works great and the screws are loctited).

I remember having a problem with my fjr bags and I found that the all screws that held the latches on were loose and the latches could shift position. Its been a while but I think I replaced them with some slightly larger screws because the originals were a loose fit into the threads.
BLB

Archived