Christmas By Cogent Dynamics

clint

• Premium Member
...pretty, nice and simple like. Is that rod the adjustment tool?

Yes, that rod is all that's needed as there is a Torrington bearing between the adjuster and spring.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Just like mine a 600lb spring too! ?
Now waiting to hear that my forks are finished. Actually Rick said he wanted to experiment a bit with some options for the left leg! ??

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
How much do you weigh for 600 lb spring? 
I weigh 270 lbs in gear and have 625 lb Hyperco spring on Ohlins 535 shock (which was revaalved by Norwest).
I'm 170 and @brick is around that too.  
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Set aside some time if you choose to call and order this shock. It took about 15 min just to answer all the questions they had for my setup. Weight? Bags? Hard or soft? Average weight of bags? What percentage of your riding do you have them mounted. Tailbag or top case? Weight of that and how often is it mounted? What type of riding are you doing? What percentage of each? Should we err on the side of soft or hard on the setup?....it just went on and on. These guys know their stuff and at $639 with a lifetime, non-transferable warranty provided you send to them for service every two years or 20,000 miles. I think @brick mentioned that their flat rate service is $89.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Set aside some time if you choose to call and order this shock. It took about 15 min just to answer all the questions they had for my setup. Weight? Bags? Hard or soft? Average weight of bags? What percentage of your riding do you have them mounted. Tailbag or top case? Weight of that and how often is it mounted? What type of riding are you doing? What percentage of each? Should we err on the side of soft or hard on the setup?....it just went on and on. These guys know their stuff and at $639 with a lifetime, non-transferable warranty provided you send to them for service every two years or 20,000 miles. I think @brick mentioned that their flat rate service is $89.

Sounds like a helluva deal from a company that wants to make sure they get it right the first time. Congrats! I have to admit being jealous of your setup with the Torrington bearing.

• Premium Member
Cogent makes nice stuff, really knows his business. Should be a great shock for you.
Just got in from the garage installing the new Cogent shock. Took about 1.5 hrs as I went slowly. Thanks to @djbinchicago for sharing his installation experience. 
First, looking at the shock it has the "clicker" on the top! So how the heck are you supposed to reach it!?! @brick assured me it's reachable from the left side, and it is! Easily!

IMG_1478.jpgIMG_1476.jpg

And of course the preload is easy to set from the left rear. The Torrington is slicker than a harpooned hippo on a banana tree!  :)IMG_1470.jpg

Old vs. New. I'll try to get out and ride it tomorrow.
IMG_1469.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Rebound? Thick popsicle stick, screwdriver with a plastic/rubber tip? Doesn't look too bad & you don't adjust it often. 
Well, it's a single clicker. The rebound is easy to reach with your left hand. 

IMG_1476.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Archived