New EffJayer in the Upstate

wspllrll

Hey Y'all - 

Just a brief intro;

I joined the forum to gather thoughts on the FJ as it was on my radar as soon as it came out.  I finally found a good deal on a 2015 leftover in graphite and purchased it in November. So far I am enjoying the bike and adding a few things to it.  I also have a Triumph Tiger 800 XC at the moment.  I live in Upstate SC which is close to western NC and awesome opportunities for riding. We move here in April of 2015 so I am just getting the time to get out to explore. So far so good!

Welcome from a bit further East
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Hey Y'all -  
Just a brief intro;

I joined the forum to gather thoughts on the FJ as it was on my radar as soon as it came out.  I finally found a good deal on a 2015 leftover in graphite and purchased it in November. So far I am enjoying the bike and adding a few things to it.  I also have a Triumph Tiger 800 XC at the moment.  I live in Upstate SC which is close to western NC and awesome opportunities for riding. We move here in April of 2015 so I am just getting the time to get out to explore. So far so good!

There are no riding opportunities here in WNC. Riding sucks here, lots of old people clogging the roads, sand in corners, etc. In fact it's so bad, riding is closed, nothing to see here!  
Your best bet is to head west. Yeah... west!

;)

Welcome!
Keep Asheville weird!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Welcome wspllrll, I'm in Western NC so we shouldn't be too far apart. I'm in Morganton where are you?
I am just outside Fountain Inn ( Greenville)

Ok Greenville, SC not that far! I ride a bunch off a local forum for riding www.cofsta.com. That stands for Carolina Old Farts Sport Touring Association. A lot of us are retired and can ride during the week. We had a great romp yesterday in the area. 5 of us... not too many. One newer member rode up from down your way. He said it took a couple of hours but well worth it for the roads. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

Archived