Anyone in the Southampton UK area?

fddriver2

• Premium Member
It looks like I will be in Southampton for work for a couple days. Flying from the US this Saturday leaving Thursday. Maybe.

I will be working during the day, but will have early evenings to explore the local spots.... The more local the better....

Any suggestions?

Anyone want to meet up for a free adult beverage? or even a dinner?

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Nothing showing on the member map - nearest is Bournemouth and Liphook.

Southampton is rarely on anyone's list of places to visit.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Nothing showing on the member map - nearest is Bournemouth and Liphook.  
Southampton is rarely on anyone's list of places to visit.
...hmm, one is about an hour away and the other half that time... not far at all then, unless the weather is bad... than it's far. ::) 
oops, each about an hour... stand corrected.

One of the cultural differences between US and UK is the concept of far away.

A chap from SoCal visits Europe most years, storing a bike in Germany. He is on the UKRM usenet group I have been using since the late 1990s. When he visited the UK I invited him to stay with me in South Wales on his way from Cornwall to Scotland. He arrived with a recommendation of a restaurant, linked to one he used in Cornwall. "It's only a short distance away," he said. For me that would have been 2 or 3 miles, not an hour away by car. I could have taken him to a number of better places nearby but he was adamant this had to be tried. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
My favorite watering hole, Southport Raw Bar in Fort Lauderdale Florida (it's on the web) is 6 miles as the crow flies from my house. Many days it can take 30 minutes to get there. So an hour for some of us ain't all that big a deal....

I was just hoping someone was around to meet... One of the few trips where I'll have a couple evenings to myself.

Got my own bar stool...

Jeff_s_bar_stool.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived