Dealer pricing on goodies?

Anyone know the wholesale pricing on Yamaha accessories (bags and heated grips)?  Like most retail- I'm assuming it's 40-50%.  Thanks
I recently bought the Shad SH36's which I love.  I got the  mounts, bags, and inner bags for $705 (plus $72 for shipping) Before I did I asked several local dealers if they could match the price of the Shads for Yamahas hard bags.  I liked Yamahas mounting system better.  Each dealer I spoke to said they couldn't come close.  They couldn't even get to within $100 of the Shads.  I think Yamaha is shooting themselves in the foot with their ridiculous prices of their accessories.  I will soon spring for their almost $300 heated grips.  I love the fact you can control them using the screen driven menu.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I will spring soon for their almost $300 heated grips.  I love the fact you can control them using the screen driven menu.
Check eBay, sometimes some good buys.  Recently a seller had a new heated grip kit for $225. 

Anyone know the wholesale pricing on Yamaha accessories (bags and heated grips)?  Like most retail- I'm assuming it's 40-50%.  Thanks
I recently bought the Shad SH36's which I love.  I got the  mounts, bags, and inner bags for $705 (plus $72 for shipping) Before I did I asked several local dealers if they could match the price of the Shads for Yamahas hard bags.  I liked Yamahas mounting system better.  Each dealer I spoke to said they couldn't come close.  They couldn't even get to within $100 of the Shads.  I think Yamaha is shooting themselves in the foot with their ridiculous prices of their accessories.  I will spring soon for their almost $300 heated grips.  I love the fact you can control them using the screen driven menu.
I agree that Yamaha is shooting themselves in the foot. I found a Yamaha GTR air filter, similar to BMC or K&N for about $30.  It was being sold by Yamaha dealers that are authorized to sell on-line. Their prices are about half of what the local dealer can sell for. I google'd something like Yamaha accessories and found a site that I could order parts for a big discount, but had to select which "local" dealer I picked them up.  My local dealer wasn't an option.
It seems there are different tiers of dealers.

Hard to beat the price of those Shard. They stick out a ways- but I haven't seen them on an FJ. They look nice. I was asking in advance as a tool for negotiation. I didn't know if I could pitch a dealer to throw in some accessories at their cost rather than simply lower the price of the machine.

At these prices- it looks like I'll go with the Shads.
"Who's the cat who won't cop out, when there's danger all about?" -Isaac Hayes

Hard to beat the price of those Shard. They stick out a ways- but I haven't seen them on an FJ. They look nice. I was asking in advance as a tool for negotiation. I didn't know if I could pitch a dealer to throw in some accessories at their cost rather than simply lower the price of the machine.  
At these prices- it looks like I'll go with the Shads.
Boatdetective, here are a few pictures of the Shads on the FJ.20170313_165253.jpg20170313_165351.jpg
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Yesiree- those are really attractive. Thank you for the pix- it really does make a difference to see them on the machine. - what did you choose for an accent panel? Part of me says to get gloss black- if only because it is easy to repaint with a rattle can (the tops of bags tend to get scratched easily). I painted the Hepco beckers on my Guzzi a metallic black and they looked great.
What did you decide on for a screen?
"Who's the cat who won't cop out, when there's danger all about?" -Isaac Hayes

I just wanted to correct my previous statement concerning the price of my Shad SH36's.  The total price I paid for the bags, mounts, and inner bags INCLUDING shipping was $745.40.  I felt it necessay to clarify this for those who are comparing the Shads to Yamahas hard bags.  The price difference is substantial.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Archived