Diag mode for 2017 mt-09 tracer

ppetines

• Supporting Member
What method are you using to get into DIAG mode?

Start with the key OFF, press and hold both TCS and RESET buttons while you turn the key ON.
Continue holding for about 8 seconds until the right screen displays "ECU". 
Again, press and hold both buttons for about 2 seconds until the right screen displays "DIAG".

***This method works for the U.S. version, I'm not sure about other regions.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

ok thanks betoney and esperance for the tip and info as well but i have read from one of the forums that yamaha already locked this features in the newer version of tracer mt-09 and xsr i don't why they would do this but will talk to one of the guys in yamaha if they can unlock this mode so i dont need to go for service everytime something like this happens, this is so inconvenient

• Supporting Member
ok thanks betoney and esperance for the tip and info as well but i have read from one of the forums that yamaha already locked this features in the newer version of tracer mt-09 and xsr i don't why they would do this but will talk to one of the guys in yamaha if they can unlock this mode so i dont need to go for service everytime something like this happens, this is so inconvenient
What is it that you are trying to accomplish?  Why do you need to get into the DIAG mode? 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?  Why do you need to get into the DIAG mode?
Maybe to correct poor throttle response? mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/forum/mt-09-tracer-technical/2900-tracer-c0-adjustment-guide-3.html

• 4 weeks later...

Archived