New Guy from PA

Guest smr1870

Guest smr1870
Good morning from the northwestern area of PA. I've been lurking around for a while, and thought I should finally say Hello. I bought a 2016 in February and put a little under 4,000 miles on the bike so far. I added the Yamaha side cases and heated grips, and just had the handlebar riser recall done a couple of weeks ago. The dealer already replaced the CCT before I bought the bike. I test rode a few other bikes (Multistrada, Hyperstrada, FJR1300, Triumph Tiger Explorer, FZ-10) and none of them were what I wanted, or didn't seem so great to be worth the price. Actually, I really liked the FZ-10 and almost put in an offer; but when I thought about the low gas range and all I would need to do to it to make it travel worthy, I figured I better keep looking. I tried the FJ-09 last, and I honestly liked it the best regardless of the price tag!

I've had a bunch of different types of bikes over the years, and the older I get the more I gravitate towards comfort. But, I still like to have something that is quick and flick-able too! The FJ-09 does a great job of doing all those things, in my opinion.

I try to ride at least once every weekend. When I have free time not spent with my family, I'm riding! I usually ride by myself. But, I'll throw this out there: If anyone is relatively close to the northwestern area of PA and could use someone to ride with, I'd be open to the idea. I'm starting to get tired of riding mostly by myself!

• Premium Member
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the new bike. I'm sure you will like it, and there are lots of great tips on the forum, just look around.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smr1870
Raggededge---I'm about an hour or so north of Pittsburgh. So, if you would want to meet somewhere in between, that would certainly work for me. I'm already planning on riding most of today, so it's probably too late to plan anything today. But, maybe we can try to plan something a few days prior to upcoming weekends. 

Archived