trailering your FJ09

If you dont have those straps that run across your handlebars... run your straps around the forks just above your lower triple clamp. Then 1 across the back to keep the back from bouncing. I think I ran mine through the rear passenger peg mounts (don't need to put a lot of tension on the rear).

On the front you will want the forks to be compressed a bit, but definitely not fully compressed and you will want to remove the pressure as soon as you are where you need to be.

Obviously all of this will be easier if you have a wheel chock for the front. I just use the ridges in the back of my truck bed to help keep the front wheel from turning, but once you get those straps around the forks tight, it will resist turning on its own.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

If you dont have those straps that run across your handlebars... run your straps around the forks just above your lower triple clamp. Then 1 across the back to keep the back from bouncing. I think I ran mine through the rear passenger peg mounts (don't need to put a lot of tension on the rear).  
On the front you will want the forks to be compressed a bit, but definitely not fully compressed and you will want to remove the pressure as soon as you are where you need to be.

Obviously all of this will be easier if you have a wheel chock for the front. I just use the ridges in the back of my truck bed to help keep the front wheel from turning, but once you get those straps around the forks tight, it will resist turning on its own.
I use soft tie straps on the forks at the lower triple clamps.  I gave up using the Canyon Dancer straps that go across the handlebars.   With soft ties, I never had a problem. On the last few bikes I tried with a canyon dancer, the down straps that go from the handlebar grip to the trailer floor would touch the fairing.  And if they didn't touch the fairing, by the end of the trip, the pressure of the canyon dancers would push the handlebar grips on the bars smooshing the grip into the throttle housing.   

I'm looking to install these on the lower triple pinch bolts.  Rated to 2000lbs and will need longer bolts and a spacer but should be pretty strait forward.[url=] 
Canyon Dancer Tiedown

[/url]
Your link isn't working.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived