Does anyone else get roasted feet in heavy traffic?

• Premium Member
So I commute a bit and on recent days where the dash is displaying ambient temps in the 90-100F range, I noticed my feet will start getting really hot. When the radiator fans come on, I think they're blowing right below the foot pegs.
This only happens in 0-10 mph stop & go traffic where the speedometer is usually bouncing between 0 and 3 MPH.  If I don't keep my right foot on the peg and my left stretched as far forward as I can reach without tipping when traffic stops, I swear it feels like there might as well be a flamethrower hitting my boot!
I wear the "Alpinestars Multiair XCR GTX Boots" which are awesome at keeping my feet dry and cool (when moving).  Never had an issue with swamp-socks either.  But I swear those perforations work a little bit TOO well when letting air "breathe."

So I commute a bit and on recent days where the dash is displaying ambient temps in the 90-100F range, I noticed my feet will start getting really hot. When the radiator fans come on, I think they're blowing right below the foot pegs. This only happens in 0-10 mph stop & go traffic where the speedometer is usually bouncing between 0 and 3 MPH.  If I don't keep my right foot on the peg and my left stretched as far forward as I can reach without tipping when traffic stops, I swear it feels like there might as well be a flamethrower hitting my boot!
I wear the "Alpinestars Multiair XCR GTX Boots" which are awesome at keeping my feet dry and cool (when moving).  Never had an issue with swamp-socks either.  But I swear those perforations work a little bit TOO well when letting air "breathe."
I know it's not legal in GA... but I lane split when I get into those 0-3mph situations.

I do notice when the fans come on, but I usually feel it higher on my legs around my knees.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
I've recently started doing the same. I was on an overpass the other morning getting ready to hit the interstate on my commute and noticed all lanes were stopped and the on-ramp was backed up to the surface streets. That was the moment I realized I would have gladly accepted a traffic ticket to not sit in that traffic. First lane slit too, what a freeing experience it was!

I live in SW Florida where the days this time of year typically get to 93. I ride in Tourmaster waterproof boots (black) and have never noticed a problem with excessive heat from my 2015 FJ when stuck in traffic. 

Archived