Greetings from Issaquah

Gregorius T

Hi All!

I've owned my 2015 FJ-09 for over a year now, but for some reason, never spent much time on this site.

Well, now that I've quit my corporate job, and have plenty of time ... in addition to riding heaps, I can partake
of the goodness of this board.

This riding season, here in the Pacific Northwest has been fairly good.  Despite all of the road construction
and forest fires.  This is my second season of riding on my FJ.  I recently hit 15,000 miles.  It's been glorious!

It's nice to meet ya all.  

Ride hard, ride good, ride like you know you should!

Gregorius

• Premium Member
Welcome Gregorius, I'm in North Bend.

Lots of good riding around here, I do the Mount Rainier loop frequently, and also do the passes to the north (Hwy 20 by Ross Lake) or Hwy 2 through Leavenworth. All are good rides, as long as you don't get caught in road construction......

• Premium Member
Welcome. I am also in Issaquah WA. I've ridden 19K miles on my FJ09 and still get a grin with each flick of the wrist.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Hi guys, I rode with David on one of the Mt.Rainier/Paradise Lodge runs, but have been riding mostly for work the last several months (Vashon,Bainbridge,Whidbey, Eatonville, Arlington, Sultan, Ellensburg), but I must say the road out along the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie River (North Bend/Truck Town) is paved all the way out (minus a 25 yard section) to the campground as of this summer, and that is a great ride out and back. Mid week is best with fewer hikers and camping folk on the road. A portion near the end is Chip Seal so there is a little gravel yet to be pushed off. Very scenic with a lot of nice turns.

• Premium Member
Hi guys, I rode with David on one of the Mt.Rainier/Paradise Lodge runs, but have been riding mostly for work the last several months (Vashon,Bainbridge,Whidbey, Eatonville, Arlington, Sultan, Ellensburg), but I must say the road out along the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie River (North Bend/Truck Town) is paved all the way out (minus a 25 yard section) to the campground as of this summer, and that is a great ride out and back. Mid week is best with fewer hikers and camping folk on the road. A portion near the end is Chip Seal so there is a little gravel yet to be pushed off. Very scenic with a lot of nice turns.
Yeah, the 25 yard gravel section is at the beginning, so everyone thinks the road is not paved. It also helps that it goes around a corner, so no-one bothers to go look. I was curious and kept going, and it is miles and miles of nice new asphalt. Only issue is that you lose cell phone reception not too far into the ride, so if you ever do have a problem, you are on your own........

Sounds like you all are really putting on the miles and having a good time up here. My girlfriend and I just moved by Mukilteo in March. I picked up a 2015 FJ today and can't wait to get out exploring on it, the scenery up here is unvelievable.

...i should probably just post this on a new introduction thread, but I saw Issaquah and wanted to drop in. Can't wait for the leaves to change colors, I imagine the scenery is epic.

• Premium Member
Sounds like you all are really putting on the miles and having a good time up here. My girlfriend and I just moved by Mukilteo in March. I picked up a 2015 FJ today and can't wait to get out exploring on it, the scenery up here is unvelievable. 
...i should probably just post this on a new introduction thread, but I saw Issaquah and wanted to drop in. Can't wait for the leaves to change colors, I imagine the scenery is epic.
Welcome to the forum, there is plenty of good riding here in the Pacific Northwest, but the rain returns around Halloween, and doesn't stop until 4th of July.........

Archived