Wind noise

brider225

In my haste to cobble together some sort of wind-noise reducing device mounted off the screen mounting plate, I totally forgot that this part moves vertically by about an inch or more to give differing screen heights!   Aaaarrrggghhhhh!   It's a good job I don't suffer from wind noise and was looking to this as a solution!   Apologies to those who may have followed me up a blind alley...
Haha, while following your write-up and photos, that aspect didn't dawn on me either. 
It occurred to me, but I don't give a rat as I took the windshield off anyway.  Don't ride in extreme cold weather or rain, so I don't foresee putting it back on or spending the money for an aftermarket.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I got a chance to road-test my Wordsmith Special Wind Deflectors. Made from thin aluminum flashing stock, held in place with 3M double-sided tape.

I don't know that they made a heck of a lot of difference in air flow, hard to tell since I removed my windshield anyway, but they stayed in place very nicely, no flexing at all, tape held perfectly.

Rumor has it that they survived wind speeds in excess of 100 MPH...  :o   :P

Archived