YAMAHA vs. Shad FJ-09 REAR LUGGAGE RACK

I'll be ordering the SH23 side bags w/ the SH46 top box next week. I'll need to order the rear luggage rack for the FJ. When looking at the Yamaha rack, it looks to be made of aluminum, and the shad made of steel. I could be wrong from the pics I've seen. Has anyone used or seen both to compare weight and quality of both?
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Thanks;[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie...

Just to widen your search a bit....I have the Givi monokey rear rack, with the Shad 3P side mounts. That opens up a wide range of Givi top boxes and also Kappa top boxes. Both brands are well made and popular. The Givi rack is cast alloy with a plastic cover.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Just to widen your search a bit....I have the Givi monokey rear rack, with the Shad 3P side mounts. That opens up a wide range of Givi top boxes and also Kappa top boxes. Both brands are well made and popular. The Givi rack is cast alloy with a plastic cover.
Thanks for reply; do you use GIVI top box and SHAD side cases, and how do you like the combo, and the quality of Shad products ? The GIVI e46 w/ a color match lid is over $400. The Shad sh46 w/color lid is near $100 less. If I go/w the Sh46, the Yamaha rack might be a better quality aluminum rack than the steel Shad unit. [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie...

SHAD cases quality are great.

You can use the Yamaha rack with the SHAD top case, but you will have to modify the rack or the mounting plate to make it fit.

This topic has been discussed on this forum quite a bit. If you just do a search you will find it.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived