$2k difference OTD between 2016 & 2017 FJ-09, which one?

asaulo1

Trying to decide if the assist/slipper clutch plus the adjustable traction control is worth the $2k difference in the OTD price. Are the fueling the same on both year models? Anything other than those 2 difference between the 2 model years? Thanks.

The slipper/assist clutch can be added for about $200. The fueling might be slightly different, but if you plan on adding an aftermarket exhaust then you will probably need to flash the ECU. The adjustable traction control would be nice though.

Personally I don't think it's worth 2k.. the 18s might be though.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
Personally I don't think it's worth 2k.. the 18s might be though.

I agree, and think that’s really the decision to make. If you’re happy with a ‘Gen 1’ FJ (2015-2017), then I would go for the best deal you can find. The differences are relatively minor across the model years, and they all respond favorably to selective/personal-preference upgrades.

The upcoming Tracer models do look tempting, and appear to be a nice refresh/update/upgrade for the current FJ. That said, the delta in price looks to be significantly more than $2K. At that threshold, I’m perfectly content keeping my 2015 awhile longer.

Good luck! They’re great bikes, and you can’t go wrong either way.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the responses. In the end, I was able to negotiate the 2017 to make the difference just $1200 against the 2016 bike. I'm very happy I did get the 2017. Here she is before all the farkle I already ordered for it. Cheers!

ffacf1ef0ff901896f855db288aa9201.jpg

b7a024d6171c0d46eb744a567a4174c3.jpg

Archived