Thanksgiving Day 2017 ride

• Premium Member
We had some beautiful fall weather here in the North Bay, but with the wildfires and it's after-math it was difficult to get any good riding in.  I did, however, manage to get a good ride in at the tail end of the season on Thanksgiving Day.  Did the usual afternoon loop out to Lake Berryessa in Napa.  There were some scattered showers, but that didn't stop me. 8-)

[video src=https://youtu.be/DNN8vo83I4I]

• Premium Member
I used to live in Sac. I do miss the Berryessa GP. The FJ would be crazy fun out Knoxville-Berryessa Rd.
The "Berryessa GP" - love it!  Knoxville-Berryessa was the next leg... then Hwy 128 West back to home base.   
Yes, the FJ loves the Berryessa GP! :)

• Premium Member
Nice! I was up that way about a month ago. Weather was perfect. Ride was cut short. I zigged when I should have zagged in Pope Valley. Was trying to head up to Middleton and back down through St. Helena and Calistoga. I ended back up on 128. Great ride. Stopped and checked out the Glory Hole on the way back. Never been up that way before. Can't wait to head up there again when it warms up a little.

• Premium Member
Nice! I was up that way about a month ago. Weather was perfect. Ride was cut short. I zigged when I should have zagged in Pope Valley. Was trying to head up to Middleton and back down through St. Helena and Calistoga. I ended back up on 128. Great ride. Stopped and checked out the Glory Hole on the way back. Never been up that way before. Can't wait to head up there again when it warms up a little.
It's hard to have a bad ride anywhere out that way.  I've been past the dam a few times, never stopped before.  I was unaware of the Glory Spillway until now, so I will surely stop and check it out next time! 

Archived