SoCal 900 GT noob

Exactly why I got the GT, fuel light coming on after 120 miles and can't carry much of anything. My commute is exactly 60 miles RT. I had to fill up every other day.
Once you get some seat time on the new bike, as the owner of an FZ 10, I'd liked to get your impressions on the GT, I'm also looking at the GT to compliment the FZ.

Exactly why I got the GT, fuel light coming on after 120 miles and can't carry much of anything. My commute is exactly 60 miles RT. I had to fill up every other day.
Once you get some seat time on the new bike, as the owner of an FZ 10, I'd liked to get your impressions on the GT, I'm also looking at the GT to compliment the FZ.
Will do! Still in the break-in phase (460 miles so far), so I haven't even been near redline or pushing it at all yet. First impressions is it's nowhere near as fun to ride in general, I wasn't expecting the Tracer to be as fun of course. Personally, the FZ has been the most fun and enjoyable bike I've ever owned/ridden on the street.  However, as far as utility reasons, it makes commuting and long trips more enjoyable, more comfortable, longer fuel range (getting a little over 200 miles to a tank instead of 140ish), and easier to carry things obviously. Stopping at the store on the way home for example, gym bag etc.. It'll be easier for 2 up riding. I removed the rear pegs from the FZ because they are pretty much just decorational! haha  
 I did take it on a familiar twisty mountainous road, and I had to keep reminding myself to take turns a little slower than I would on the FZ. You can really feel the difference in the softer suspension, weight, and height difference, as well as corner tip-in with the 180/55 rear tire compared to the 190/50. The riding position and ergos are pretty similar though, It appears to me that the bars on both bike are the same or pretty close to it, so hopping from one bike to the other is an easy transition. Just sitting higher up on a more comfortable seat!

Archived