Cogent Shock Report

mrmoto

Recently got a Cogent shock for my 2015 FJ-09 and want to share with you my initial impressions.

I am a heavy guy - 260 lbs. So I needed at the very lease different spring. However, it just made sense to me to "do it right" the first time since we all know the stock shock is less than ideal. My primary motive was to create a comfortable ride and when asked by Cogent, I said,"I'm more touring than sport. I would like this as plush as possible."

Did they succeed in meeting my expectations? Yes. 

The ride is much better. 

What was really unexpected was how well it helped the handling. Now I am not a fast guy, but like most who choose motorcycle like the FJ, I do like to exceed the speed limit. Typically I enjoy going through corners about 30 mph faster than posted. I like to "flow' and carry speed through the corner- meaning hitting the brakes hard going into the corner is not my style. With the Cogent shock I find it very easy to do that. I find it very easy to choose any line through the corner I want.

By installing this upgrade, I am enjoying riding this motorcycle more than I ever have in the 13,000 miles of riding.

So if you are considering a shock upgrade for your FJ-09, I highly recommend that you check this brand out. 

Great! Thanks for the review. I'd never heard of Cognett before. Would you mind sharing the model number you purchased?
I think he means Cogent... as in Cogent Dynamics... one of the forums supporting vendors.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Great! Thanks for the review. I'd never heard of Cognett before. Would you mind sharing the model number you purchased?
I think he means Cogent... as in Cogent Dynamics... one of the forums supporting vendors.
Oh gotcha.

'15 FJ09

Archived