Part number - Latch on bottom of riders seat pan?

texscottyd

• Supporting Member
I installed my Sargent seat today, which required swapping the latch assembly from the back of the stock riders seat pan. While it’s only a 30 second job to switch the latch back and forth, I would like to have the option of running either seat without having to move the hardware around.

So, can anybody tell me what is the part number to order for this? I’ve been looking at the various online parts sources, but all of the parts diagrams seem to show the entire riders seat assembly as one part number... I only want this latch.

Anyone? Anyone??

0aba9146fb5690bdeec013e101bbca89.jpg

9e466cd654093d88be38f09f8e33b2ae.jpg

I don't know the answer, but Yamaha uses a lot of parts on different models. Choke cable knob screws for a FJ 1200 were not available without buying the complete choke cable, but the screw was available individually from, IIRC, a Virago.

Maybe the seat bracket is available form another Yamaha model.

• Supporting Member
I too think that I have only seen it sold as an entire seat assembly. Maybe keep an eye out on Ebay.
Kind of what I expected, but not what I wanted to hear. @carey has a valid point about potentially sourcing this from another Yamaha model, but I wouldn’t know where to even start looking.

It’s not a complex part, so I’m tempted to try and just make it myself... gives me an excuse to fire up the welder.

Archived