Radaiator Fan Fuse Keeps Blowing

coachluciano

• Premium Member
Before I dig into this, I figured I'd ask here.  Got a chance to get out and ride today and noticed that my fan was not kicking on at 205 (or whatever temp the Ivans flash sets it to).  So when  I got home, noticed a blown fuse.  replaced it and worked bike temp back up and no fan and another blown fuse.  Any insight would be most welcome.  I've had the tank of recently.  Not sure if I pinched a wire or what.  Thank in advance.  It's a 2015 - brand new in September - 2500 miles.  First real problem I've had

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member

Before I dig into this, I figured I'd ask here.  Got a chance to get out and ride today and noticed that my fan was not kicking on at 205 (or whatever temp the Ivans flash sets it to).  So when  I got home, noticed a blown fuse.  replaced it and worked bike temp back up and no fan and another blown fuse.  Any insight would be most welcome.  I've had the tank of recently.  Not sure if I pinched a wire or what.  Thank in advance.  It's a 2015 - brand new in September - 2500 miles.  First real problem I've had . Diagnostics mode 51 is blowing the fuse on the first attempt at cycling the relay.  Bad relay??

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member

Before I dig into this, I figured I'd ask here.  Got a chance to get out and ride today and noticed that my fan was not kicking on at 205 (or whatever temp the Ivans flash sets it to).  So when  I got home, noticed a blown fuse.  replaced it and worked bike temp back up and no fan and another blown fuse.  Any insight would be most welcome.  I've had the tank of recently.  Not sure if I pinched a wire or what.  Thank in advance.  It's a 2015 - brand new in September - 2500 miles.  First real problem I've had . Diagnostics mode 51 is blowing the fuse on the first attempt at cycling the relay.  Bad relay?? 

where the heck is the fan relay? Add to that, finding the part number. This is going to drive me nuts if I have to put the bike up for the winter with a known issue. 

• Premium Member
OK - I discovered the problem.  I also forgot to mention that I installed a new clutch cable.  Well if you are not smart like I am not, you will miss the small channel to pass the cable through that "Protects" it from the fan motor .  Hard for fan motor to spin with the clutch wedged in there.  So, looks like a quick fix and hopefully everything works -

#ClutchCableRouting#

Fan.jpg

Archived