Greetings from Austin, TXish

undecider

Hello everybody! I picked up my Tracer GT about 3 weeks ago and have just reached the 600 mile mark. I traded in 2 bikes, a 2017 Honda Africa Twin DCT and a 2017 Yamaha FZ09. I have primarily been riding ADV bikes because they look cool and are comfortable for tall people like me. It's been a long time since I ventured into the dirt on a motorcycle and I finally came to the realization that I don't need a dirt capable bike. I bought that FZ09 just 3 months prior to the Tracer as a fun, hooligan bike. As soon as I bought it, I realized that I probably would have been better off with a Tracer GT since it is 95% as sporty as the FZ and 95% as practical as the AT (it's need for premium fuel and a slightly shorter fuel range are my only big knocks on the bike). It really does check all the boxes for me and now has proven to be the ideal replacement for both bikes.

There are a few silver linings out of getting rid of the FZ and taking a loss. Most of the parts I added to it fit the Tracer, so I was able to transfer those over. My co-worker (I work at a metric motorcycle store) just totaled his bike and was able to buy my old bike for a VERY good price and that made me feel good. Replacing 2 bikes with 1 made a lot of room in the garage which was especially helpful since I had just purchased another Yamaha in October (3 Yamahas in 3 months).

So, I am very pleased with the bike so far, other than trying to figure out a decent windscreen. I thought the stock one was terrible until I tried the Yamaha touring screen. Went back to the stock screen and tried a clamp on spoiler with some success. Now, I put the touring screen back on with the spoiler and found this to be the best result so far. I am a little annoyed at the lack of choices, but the bike is new to the US market, so the few Euro options (Givi, Puig) haven't made it over yet. I may try the Cal Sci out, but they are currently moving their entire business halfway across the country and aren't shipping orders for a few more days. At least the setup I have now works reasonably well and it will be rainy the next couple of days, so no riding.

Resized_20181122_122142.thumb.jpeg.9d97dc0e5ab959b9ccb3a08d7ac39fff.jpeg

2019 Tracer GT and 2015 SR400

Welcome @undecider! I hope you enjoy the forum. There are a lot of good people and information here.  I own a '15 FJ-09 and have been running the Puig touring screen with their clip on deflector for almost 3 years.  I hope you are able to find a solution.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Welcome. I order my givi stuff from an Italian company. $33 flat rate to usa.  Took about 1.5-2 weeks each time. I ordered alot of stuff each time though to make the shipping worth it. Some times i wish i bought an '18. Tft, crusie, longer swingarm, remote preload. But I saved quite alot buying a left over. More gas money right. 

https://www.motostorm.it/en/accessories/motorcycle-parts/givi-d2139s-windscreen-for-yamaha-tracer-900-2018-.html

Archived