Maxton fork upgrade

BBB

I had my fork internals upgraded today by Maxton Suspension in the North-West UK. They are a small company, local to me, but very well known on the TT circuit and also in British Super Bikes. The owner gave up lots of time to discuss my requirements over the phone and then they make the components in-house to suit your weight and riding requirements. Uniquely, they make all the parts (apart from springs and oil) in-house and you can see the CNC machines running when you visit. The parts took 2 weeks to make.

I had the internals fitted today and because of this engineering capability they were able to drill out the left fork cap, retap it and so now I can adjust rebound on the left leg without any of the costs associated with new fork caps. They fitted their GP20 cartridges - progressive rebound and compression damping, new springs, oil and fork seals, as well as polishing the stanchions. The whole process took two hours.

On their recommendation I retitted fhe forks raised by 10mm but will now have to wait for better weather to get out and set sag etc by test riding. 

https://www.maxtonsuspension.co.uk/files/gp20.htm

9DC5FD84-D32F-4913-8456-D4294745BD54.jpeg

95C0A9D8-B166-4154-AAAC-A529DD1CF6E1.jpeg

F5A1E317-4F5D-4072-91F3-CD614338A114.jpeg

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member

@BBB - Custom drop-in cartridges, NICE!!  

Hoping you get some decent weather soon to get things set up, I would be anxious like a kid at Christmas.

Do you already have an aftermarket shock?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yes @betoney, a Nitron. I think I’m going to have fun dialling it all in when I get a chance. 

I’ll have to make do with throttle body balance, APS adjustment and a good clean 🧽 instead

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived